He shares his home with Grogmar gro-Burzag, a fellow miner, who he, according to dialogue, does not enjoy living with, mainly because of Grogmar's messy lifestyle, and often complains of this to both Filnjar and Grogmar himself.
Odfel is a candidate for marriage if the Dragonborn is wearing an Amulet of Mara.
- "Mining iron takes a lot of strength and special reinforced tools."
- "I must have broken five or six pickaxes in the last few months alone."
- "But now that I've got Rocksplinter here, I can cut through stone like a hot knife through butter."
Odfel: "You think living with Grogmar is easy? Did you see how he lives?"
Filnjar: "You two will just have to learn how to get along until we can build you another house."
Odfel: "At this rate, that'll never happen."
Filnjar: "Quit your bellyaching. We've all got our problems."
Odfel: "All I'm asking is that you clean up once and a while. How you can find anything in your half of the house is beyond me."
Grogmar: "I'd rather spend more time in the mine hauling up iron than doing woman's work keeping the house clean."
Odfel: "I'll have you know that I can haul up just as much iron as you in a day and still manage to clean up my messes."
Grogmar: "You think so, huh? Maybe you'd like to put some Septims behind that boast."
Odfel: "You have yourself a bet."
Sylgja: "Odfel, I've told you time and time again. I'm not interested in a relationship with you."
Odfel: "And why not? I'm handsome, strong and smart. What else could you possibly need?"
Sylgja: "I need someone that cares about me more than they care about themselves. That person isn't you."
- He mentions owning Rocksplinter, a unique pickaxe. However, the pickaxe does not actually appear in-game, and is only obtainable via console commands.
This section contains bugs related to Odfel. Before adding a bug to this list, consider the following:
- Odfel may not be able to be married, even after completing all quests relating to Shor's Stone.