Queen Freydis's SwordEdit
Oengul asks the Dragonborn to retrieve Queen Freydis's Sword, a blade fabled for its superior edge, from a random location. Returning with the blade, Oengul increases the Dragonborn's Smithing skill by one. His dialogue or the quest reward will not change even if the Dragonborn's smithing skill is 100 already, meaning that doing that this quest at 100 smithing will yield no reward. Giving the sword will make three steel ingot and four iron ingot between grindstone and workbench can be taken for free.
Upon completing the Civil War questline as a member of the Imperial Legion, Oengul (a strong supporter of Ulfric Stormcloak and the Stormcloak Rebellion) may greet the Dragonborn in a less-than-friendly tone, often calling the Dragonborn a "milk-drinker." Despite this, the Dragonborn may continue to do business with him as usual. If one happens to have a good sneak and pickpocket, they may find that he has an enchanted item on his person.
Hermir: "Is Ulfric's armor done yet?"
Oengul: "No, I want to take my time with it."
Hermir: "Can I help with it? Maybe just the cuirass?"
Oengul: "This is more delicate work than you're used to."
Hermir: "I did that engraved piece just last month!"
Oengul: "This is the royal armor, lass. Maybe in a few years."
Oengul: "Did you use my good hammer?"
Oengul: "Blast, girl, I told you to leave my tools alone. You have yours, and I have mine."
Hermir: "I didn't touch it!"
Oengul: "Hammers don't have legs."
Hermir: "Did you look behind the forge? I think I saw it there."
Oengul: "Oh... yes. Now that you mention it, I think... sorry about that."
Learning the oresEdit
Oengul: "Have you been learning your ores?"
Hermir: "I think I've got a handle on it, but Orichalcum is confusing."
Oengul: "Don't even bother with that one. Leave it to the Orcs."
Hermir: "Oh, right. That makes sense. Kind of a messy metal, anyway."
- "Everyone says Eorlund Gray-Mane is the best smith in Skyrim. I plan to change a few minds about that."
- "With my swords in their hands, Ulfric's men will send those legion dogs running."
- "Need some metal hammered?"
- "Hermir's become a decent smith. Like to think I had a hand in that."
- "Whether it's armor you need or a new blade, come see me."
- "If you meet anyone in your travels who needs good steel, send them my way."
- "Can't believe Ulfric's gone. If not for Hermir, I'd have left the city by now." ―If the Battle for Windhelm is completed for the Imperial Legion
- He may send Hired Thugs to the Dragonborn for stealing from him.