The Oghma Infinium (Plural: Oghmas Infinium)[OOG 1] is a powerful Daedric Artifact of the Daedric Prince Hermaeus Mora. It is a tome of knowledge written by Xarxes, the wizard sage also known as "The Ageless One."
The Oghma Infinium is given to Hermaeus Mora's champion upon completion of a specific task or quest. Once read, it disappears from the inventory.
The Oghma Infinium is the reward item from the task received at the Shrine of Hermaeus Mora (the Hero must first complete the task at every other daedric shrine). In order to complete the task, they must harvest the soul from a member of each of the sentient races of Tamriel in a special soul gem.
The book adds +10 points to three skills, and +10 to one or two attributes. Use it and one will be asked to read from only one of the following (tested through comparison of stats before and after reading each path):
- The Path of Steel: Blade +10, Blunt +10, Heavy Armor +10, Speed +10, Strength +10
- The Path of Shadow: Sneak +10, Security +10, Light Armor +10, Agility +10, Speed +10
- The Path of Spirit: Destruction +10, Conjuration +10, Restoration +10, Intelligence +10
- This can allow the Hero's skills to go beyond 100, but one will not be able to reach a higher point value (i.e. Destruction 100 and Destruction 110 is the same)
- If a major skill(s) is increased, they'll gain a level as normal (even if it is 100->;110). The skills are added in written order (for attribute bonuses). This level gain also applies to the maximum level capacity, so you can gain a level beyond the capacity.
- This book is mentioned in the book Wabbajack.
- In Gaelic mythology, Oghma (along with his sister Brighid) is one of the twin gods of wisdom and enlightenment. He specifically rules over literature and poetry.
- If it is obtained by console command before completing the required quest, one will be unable to read or remove the book unless using console commands.
This section contains bugs related to Oghma Infinium (Oblivion). Before adding a bug to this list, consider the following:
- Method of skill lowering in jail is viable on console (December 19, 2011) However leveling does not increase past 90 at that point it stops completely and the glitch is no longer viable.
Attempting to read the book may cause the game to crash instantly wherever you are.
- Solution: assign the Oghma to a Hotkey, activate it that way instead.
- The Elder Scrolls: Arena
- The Elder Scrolls II: Daggerfall
- The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion
- The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim