Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
He lives in Markarth in his house, above Arnleif and Sons Trading Company. He spends his days at the Silver-Blood Inn where he stays until later in the evening. He then walks to his house up the nearby stairs. His training can be received by talking to him at the Inn.
There is a miscellaneous quest given by Ondolemar, a Thalmor Justiciar in Understone Keep. He asks the Dragonborn to find evidence that Ogmund worships Talos. However, even if the quest is completed, Ogmund is never arrested and remains in Markarth.
After stealing his Amulet of Talos for Ondolemar, he will start to dislike the Dragonborn and will say, "What do you want, milk drinker?"
Ogmund may also need to be rescued during the Companions quest.
- "Songs are just old memories that help the mead go down quicker."
- "I've seen every corner of Skyrim, but nothing is as beautiful as the battlefield."
- "What can an old skald do for you, huh?"
Kleppr "Playing tonight, Ogmund? Everyone here is anxious to hear ballads performed by the true Skald of the Reach."
Ogmund "Son, I know thousands of the old ballads. If I played all of them, everyone in this inn would be as grey as I am before I finished."
Kleppr "Uh, right. Maybe just one of the popular songs, like 'The Slaying of the Falmer Princes'?"
Ogmund "That's a sensible lad. Now fetch me a drink."
- If he is murdered during the quest Deceiving the Herd, it is advised to pay him for Speech training first, as the gold spent in training can be looted from his dead body.
- In keeping with the Nords' Scandinavian theme, he refers to himself as a skald, which in Viking times meant "bard."
- If the quest is started but unfinished and a truce is negotiated with the Empire and the Stormcloaks, the quest Search and Seizure will be failed and can no longer be completed.