Hjalti Early-Beard, later known as Tiber Septim, defeated an army of Reachmen at Old Hrol'dan in the Second Era. Hjalti shouted down the walls of Old Hrol'dan with the power of his Thu'um, which allowed his men to achieve victory. After their victory, Hjalti earned the name Talos, or Stormcrown.
Old Hroldan Inn is supposedly where Hjalti slept following his victory.
A ghost will appear in the Inn after sleeping a night in Tiber Septim's old bed. He mistakes the Dragonborn for his fellow soldier Hjalti, and requests that the Dragonborn finds Hjalti's Sword so the two can be sworn as brothers.
- Occasionally, Skuli can be heard asking Eydis where his father is. She replies by saying that he is out fighting the war for the Stormcloaks. Skuli responds with, "I thought you said he was fighting for the Empire?" To which will respond with, "Yeah. I'm sure he's doing well there."
- In Chillwind Depths, there is a Torn Note next to the body of Firis, addressing Eydis. This would explain the reason for Skuli's father's disappearance.
- If the Dragonborn uses a spell in the inn, Skuli will approach them and ask to be turned invisible. Similarly, if the Dragonborn shouts, Skuli will ask if you are a Graybeard.
- According to the Pocket Guide to the Empire, Old Hroldan used to be part of High Rock.
- Items in Tiber Septim's room will not be considered "Stolen" if taken, but the big bed will be considered "Owned" unless the Dragonborn rents the room. The smaller one off to the side however, will always be considered "Owned". After completing the Ghost of Old Hroldan, taking anything from the inn will no longer be considered or viewed as theft.