He is married to Bergritte Battle-Born and they together have three children: Jon, Idolaf and Alfhild Battle-Born. Alfhild has a child named Lars Battle-Born, who is Olfrid's grandson. His family owns Battle-Born Farm, located directly east of Whiterun.
He claims that the Battle-Born are rich due to their largely successful farm, and that the Gray-Manes are jealous of his clan's success, resulting in the feud.
- "Olfrid, patron of the great Clan Battle-Born, a name I'm sure you know well."
- "I'm as much a Nord as the next man, but I'm no fool. I don't live in the past like those Gray-Manes."
- "I hope the Empire is sending reinforcements to drive these heathens out of Whiterun."
- "Clan Battle-Born's got a proud lineage in Whiterun, but unlike the Gray-Manes, we've also got wealth."
- "Eorlund Gray-Mane's a stubborn fool. Our friendship ended when he turned his back on the Emperor."
Olfrid "Foolish old woman! You know nothing! Nothing of our struggles, our suffering!"
Fralia "Nothing? And what of my son, hmm? What of Thorald? Is he nothing? So don't talk to me about suffering!"
Idolaf "Your son chose his side, and he chose poorly. And now he's gone. Such is the way of war. The sooner you accept his loss, the better."
Fralia "I will never accept his death! My son still lives. I feel it in my heart. So tell me, Battle-Borns, where is he? Where are you holding my Thorald?"
Olfrid "[to son] Do you believe this old hag? [to Fralia] "Holding him"? Why, I've got him in my cellar. He's my prisoner. Face it, cow! Your stupid son is dead! He died a Stormcloak traitor. And you...you best keep your mouth shut before you suffer the same."
Idolaf "Come on, father. There's nothing more to be said here."
- If the Dragonborn kills Alfhild, he may send hired thugs after the Dragonborn.