He is married to Bergritte Battle-Born and they together have three children: Jon, Idolaf and Alfhild Battle-Born. Alfhild has a child named Lars Battle-Born, who is Olfrid's grandson. His family owns Battle-Born Farm, located directly east of Whiterun.
He claims that the Battle-Born are rich due to their largely successful farm, and that the Gray-Manes are jealous of his clan's success, resulting in the feud.
- "Olfrid, patron of the great Clan Battle-Born, a name I'm sure you know well."
- "I'm as much a Nord as the next man, but I'm no fool. I don't live in the past like, those Gray-Manes."
- "I hope the Empire is sending reinforcements to drive these heathens out of Whiterun."
- "Clan Battle-Born's got a proud lineage in Whiterun, but unlike the Gray-Manes, we've also got wealth."
- "Eorlund Gray-Mane's a stubborn fool. Our friendship ended when he turned his back on the Emperor."
- If the Dragonborn kills Alfhild, he may send hired thugs after the Dragonborn.