Ondolemar is the leader of Thalmor interests in Markarth, but mainly to root out all Talos worship in the city. He resides in Understone Keep where he paces back and forth just outside the Jarl's throne with two Thalmor Soldiers. When the Stormcloaks attack Markarth, he is not to be found anywhere.
He has the typical haughty Thalmor attitude of Elven superiority over Man and speaks of his view of Talos worship as immoral. He seems to also be the only Thalmor member to discuss Altmer alliance with the Bosmer and indicates that they too are superiorly bred mer. After completing his side quest, he becomes the only Thalmor in Skyrim to address the Dragonborn politely, referring to the Dragonborn's company as one of his "few pleasures in life."
If the Dragonborn has been killing Justiciars before meeting Ondolemar, he may attack on sight, and the guards may not intervene. If Ondolemar dies or is killed, a courier may deliver a Letter of Inheritance to the Dragonborn from Ondolemar. The amount bequeathed is 100 , 10 of which is taxed by the Jarl's court.
|Description:||Few pleasures in life|
If the Dragonborn sides with the Stormcloaks during the Civil War, or surrenders Markarth to them during Season Unending, a coffin in the Understone Keep's Hall of the Dead contains Hooded Thalmor Robes and Ogmund's Amulet of Talos (provided it was stolen for Ondolemar). This suggests that the Thalmor operative was slain during the Stormcloaks' invasion of Markarth or executed shortly afterwards.
- Ondolemar explains the Bosmer name and Aldmeri contribution even if the Dragonborn is Bosmer him/herself. This is seen when asked about the "superiority of the Mer."
- Ondolemar can be persuaded to create a distraction during the quest "Diplomatic Immunity"; he will accuse Razelan of speaking foully of the Thalmor.
- When he's interacted with during Diplomatic Immunity, he will speak to the Dragonborn as if he or she is a citizen of the Empire even if the Dragonborn is an Altmer or a Bosmer.
- Completing "Diplomatic Immunity" after his side quest makes him speak to the Dragonborn with disdain, rather than in a friendly manner. If the Dragonborn completes Diplomatic Immunity, then gives him Ogmund's amulet, he will still be friendly.
- During Elenwen's party, he expresses slight disdain of the White-Gold Concordat and thinks another war will happen between the Empire and the Thalmor, but is otherwise loyal to the Thalmor.
- If Ondolemar is killed and then Dead Thralled, his Thalmor Soldiers will follow him around Markarth. However, attacking non-hostile characters will cause the soldiers to turn hostile.
- The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (First appearance)