|Faction||The College of Winterhold|
Onmund is a mage apprentice at the College of Winterhold.
Nordic by birth, he gladly enrolls at the college despite the fact that Nords stereotypically hate magic-users. As with the other two apprentices, Brelyna Maryon and J'zargo, he is overeager about advancing his magical abilities. If the player possesses the Amulet of Mara, he or she can marry Onmund. If the Dragonborn is a Nord, he will make notice on that and will tell that he's glad not to be the only Nord around.
He is available as a follower after the Dragonborn recovers his Family amulet. He makes use of Frost and Shock spells such as Frostbite and Lightning Bolt as well as Archery occasionally. He will resort to unarmed combat when he runs out of magicka. When low on health he may retreat from battle and make himself invisible until he has healed himself. He does not seem to like equipping better versions of mage robes, doing so only occasionally, and will often swap back to his defaults on fast travel. However, he will equip light armor and jewelry.
Onmund seems to dislike his family. He states that his parents wanted him to be a farmer or a hunter instead of a mage. If the Dragonborn asks him if it is difficult being away from his family, he replies saying that it was "more like a blessing." When he asks you to retrieve his amulet, he says that even though they treated him badly, he still wants a last reminder of his family.
- If you choose to marry Onmund before you have bought a house of your own, and you choose for him to live at his house, he might disappear from the college for a while. He will return after the player becomes the Arch-Mage.
- While shooting at targets in the Hall of the Elements, he will not stop if a character crosses his spell, injuring them. This sometimes results in a fight between Onmund and an older mage wanting to sit on the wall bench.
- After moving Onmund to a house outside of the College of Winterhold, he will lose his status as a 'Follower' and can no longer accompany the player on quests. This can be fixed. After marrying Onmund, let him leave the Temple of Mara and don't talk to him about where you want to live. He may disappear after a while but will eventually be in his room at the College. Simply ask him to follow you and you may now let him move anywhere else and still keep his 'Follower' status.
- If you marry Onmund, even after having a house and being Arch-Mage he still disappears.
- If you have Onmund as a Follower after marrying him, his dialogue list will not show the option for cooking a meal.
- (Dawnguard). After delivering the amulet to Onmund it is possible to acquire him as a Follower while still having Serana as a companion, thereby having two Followers.
- (Dragonborn) When asked to follow the Dragonborn, Onmund may sometimes take on the dialogue of Talvas, Neloth's apprentice, saying that Master Neloth will likely not mind him leaving.
- The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (First appearance)