- Possible location of Silver Hand Campaign quests given by Aela the Huntress.
- A bounty quest for a bandit leader located here can be given by Aslfur, the steward in Morthal.
- Possible location of Kharjo's Moon Amulet.
- Possible location of Meridia's Beacon.
- Possible location of the Amulet of the Gargoyle during Amulets of Night Power.
- Possible location of the Ring of the Beast during Rings of Blood Magic.
- Possible location of crossbow schematics during Ancient Technology.
- Possible location of kidnappers who have taken a spouse.
- Possible location of Dawnguard Rune Shield during Lost Relic.
- Possible location of The War of the First Council during the Fetch Me That Book! radiant quest.
- One-Handed skill book, Mace Etiquette.
- N'Gasta! Kvata! Kvakis! (Possible location)
- There are two chests with leveled and random loot.
- To the west of the entrance to the cave is a locked chest next to a skeleton, near the foot of a waterfall.
The cave has three main rooms usually inhabited by several bandits plus their leader. In the last room, a pull chain activates a concealed door leading back to the entrance. The bandit chief has a journal describing their hunting efforts.
- Several types of mushrooms used in alchemy grow in the cave.
- Orotheim is one of several dungeons that a courier's letter may give the location of.
- The Bandit Chief's journal indicates that the group has been attempting to hunt the mammoths at the nearby Talking Stone Camp, but have been unsuccessful due to the giants guarding them. Indeed, if the player succeeds in slaying the giants, a group of bandits will attempt to kill a mammoth, fail, and retreat to Orotheim.