Orphan Rock is a landmark located north of the road running between Helgen and Ivarstead. When traveling from Helgen, there is a path on the left side of the road before reaching the Falkreath Stormcloak Camp. If travelling from Riverwood, there is a path behind Hod and Gerdur's house, leading south.
Orphan Rock is the home of a Hagraven and several witches and hags who serve her. It is a large pillar of natural stone that is accessed by a fallen tree bridge. There is an Arcane Enchanter located there.
This location appears to have been used for the sacrifice/slaughter of Spriggans, as the body of one is found atop a brazier here. Also, there are two Spriggan heads mounted on sticks, next to the tree trunk bridge.
- The Hagraven, witches, tents and such will not appear until the quest The Blessings of Nature is active. The fallen tree (acting as a bridge to the center rock formation) also does not spawn. However, it is still a location that can be discovered and fast travelled to.
- There is a skeleton in the base of the big fallen tree to the south with a coin purse and leveled helmet. It may take some dragging/adjusting the skeleton to collect the coin purse.
- Two rubies can sometimes be found in mid-air, just east of the Arcane Enchanter. It's possible that they were placed with the intention of being set into the eye-sockets of the animal skull above the nearby tent but were forgotten.
This section contains bugs related to Orphan Rock. Before adding a bug to this list, consider the following:
- It is possible that there will be no fallen tree to cross over if the quest to retrieve Nettlebane for Danica Pure-Spring has not been activated.
- There is a chance that the Hagraven will not attack.
- it is also possible that there will be nothing at all if the nettlebane quest has not been activated, it will be a bare rock with a couple of nightshade plants