|Otar the Mad|
|Spells/Abilities||Conjure Storm Atronach|
|Resistance||Immune to poison|
- Main article: Dragon Priest
Otar was an ancient Nordic chieftain who ruled over the city of Ragnvald in the Merethic Era. Initially, he was believed to have been a fair ruler and successful in battle, but his mind was corrupted by unknown forces that drove him to insanity. Otar became a Dragon Priest and subjected his people to great cruelty until two Nordic heroes named Saerek and Torsten were sent to stop his tyranny 
Both heroes were unable to defeat Otar, so instead they sealed him in a large sarcophagus in Ragnvald and locked it with two skull keys that each of them kept. They pledged to guard the keys so that Otar may never escape his imprisonment. The city of Ragnvald was eventually abandoned, but Saerek and Torsten remained as his guardians 
Otar can be encountered within the Nordic ruin of Ragnvald in The Reach. He is sealed in a large, locked sarcophagus in the main chamber of the ruin. Opening the sarcophagus is only possible by defeating the guardians, Torsten and Saerek, who each hold a Skull Key. Both skull keys are required to open the lock.
Upon his defeat, Otar the Mad drops the Otar mask - one of the eight mysterious dragon priest masks located throughout Skyrim. Collecting all eight masks is a requirement for the unmarked quest to restore the dragon priest shrine.
- If translated to the dragon tongue, his title "the Mad" would be (Faal-Vorohah, "The-Mad").
- It is possible that Otar was based on Roman Emperor Caligula, who began with good intentions before he caught a mysterious disease, which left him cruel and insane.
This section contains bugs related to Otar the Mad. Before adding a bug to this list, consider the following:
- Otar can be awakened by placing a rune next to the sarcophagus. This will not open the locks over the sarcophagus, but he will appear and begin attacking.
- If Otar falls into the waters of the canals, he will be pushed by the current which can result in severe FPS drops.
|Skyrim||Hevnoraak • Krosis • Morokei • Nahkriin • Otar the Mad • Rahgot • Vokun • Volsung|
|Dragonborn||Ahzidal • Dukaan • Miraak • Vahlok the Jailor • Zahkriisos|
|Online||Akiirdal • Haldriin • Korthor • Vosis|