- The Amethyst Paragon can be found on a Frost Giant in the Forgotten Vale. Head towards the northernmost tip of the lake - on the site opposite to the steep path will be a clearing. The Giant can be found here.
- The Ruby Paragon is looted from a Frost Giant in a subchamber of the Inner Sanctum. The Initiate's Ewer, acquired through the quest, "Touching the Sky", is required to gain access to the chamber by being placed on a special altar.
- To obtain the Sapphire Paragon, teleport to the Wayshrine of Resolution, head east, and kill the Frost Giant across the river from the Paragon Platform.
- The Emerald Paragon can be found on a Frost Giant high in the mountains behind a Falmer camp that is northwest of the Wayshrine of Resolution and east of the entrances to Sharpslope Cave.
- The Diamond Paragon is found on the Frost Giant at Forgotten Vale or near the Path of Radiance.
Near the frost giant which gives the Sapphire Paragon, a Paragon Platform is found. It is composed of two columns and a Paragon Socket. When at least one Paragon is obtained, they can be inserted into the Socket. A portal then appears between the two columns.
Each Paragon teleports the Dragonborn and any followers into somewhere else in the Vale, where Elven weaponry and armor, jewelry, chests, magic scrolls, one of the Unknown Books and, when using the Ruby Paragon, Auriel's Shield can be found.
There are five sorts of Paragon, each made of a precious stone: Sapphire, Emerald, Ruby, Amethyst and Diamond. They act as keys to locations that are normally impossible to reach without the Paragon Portal.
|Name||Portal leads to|
|Amethyst Paragon||0.3||360||Darkfall Grotto|
|Ruby Paragon||0.3||700||Forgotten Vale Forest|
|Sapphire Paragon||0.3||1000||Inner Sanctum|
|Emerald Paragon||0.3||1500||Forgotten Vale Overlook|
|Diamond Paragon||0.3||2000||Glacial Crevice|