Pavo is initially found at the Left Hand Mine outside Markarth, and formerly worked Kolskeggr Mine. Unfortunately, the Forsworn massacred all the workers and chased off Pavo and his fellow miner Gat gro-Shargakh. Pavo shares his woeful story, and asks the Dragonborn to help. Pavo is a Marriage candidate if the Dragonborn is wearing the Amulet of Mara after finishing his quest.
Skaggi Scar-Face can be asked about Kolskeggr Mine, where one can offer their help in clearing the mine. Afterwards, they can return to Pavo and tell him the news. Pavo can also be asked about the quest directly, negating the need to talk to Skaggi to obtain the quest. The reward is leveled gold, (up to 10 ).
Get paid to mine ore. (radiant)
Skaggi: "Troll's blood, what happened to you, Pavo?"
Pavo: "The Forsworn have taken Kolskeggr Mine. We're the only ones left."
Skaggi: "Gods....You head inside and get some rest. I'll send word to the Jarl."
- "The Forsworn have taken Kolskeggr Mine. We're the only ones left."
- "Are you alright, Gat?"
- Once Pavo returns to Kolskeggr Mine, he will offer to buy gold ore from the player for 50 per piece. His services may be of limited use, however (see bugs below).
- If Pavo dies after finishing his quest, the Dragonborn may receive a Letter of Inheritance from a courier along with a sum of (minus the Jarl's tax).
This section contains bugs related to Pavo Attius. Before adding a bug to this list, consider the following:
- Fulfilling the quest and letting the miners reclaim control of Kolskeggr Mine may not really help them. The Forsworn outside the mine will respawn the next time one visits and may kill the workers if they are not saved.
- Possible general game physics engine bug; when Pavo Attius leaves the miner's barracks at Left Hand Mine after the Kolskeggr Mine has been cleared of Forsworn and he has paid the reward, he may rebound off the door and launch into the air, eventually crashing back to the ground and dying on impact.
- Pavo may offer the Dragonborn the quest twice.