| Base Damage:|
| Base Value:|
|Class: One Handed, War Axe|
|Upgrade Material: Iron Ingot|
The Pickaxe is a small sharp bladed tool used to mine for ore and dig through rock.
Pickaxes can be found in caves and ruins where excavations are taking place or in mines.
- A Pickaxe may be found at the Embershard Mine. After passing The Guardian Stones, there will be a dirt path with wooden steps leading up to the mine.
- Several pickaxes can be found in Cidhna Mine
Pickaxes are required for mining. It can either be equipped as a weapon and swung at the ore vein to extract the ore, or the ore can be mined automatically by activating the vein with a pickaxe in the inventory.
Pickaxes cannot be improved at a grindstone. Only the Notched Pickaxe can be improved. The highest quality that can be achieved is flawless, unless the smithing skill is boosted passed 100.
- Notched Pickaxe: A unique pickaxe found at the very top of the Throat of the World (Location). It is only obtained in the quest of The Throat of the World (Quest).
- Ancient Nordic Pickaxe: A variation of the pickaxe that can only be found in the add-on The Elder Scrolls V: Dragonborn. It is the only pickaxe that is used to mine Stalhrim.
- With DLC:Dragonborn, player can keep a weightless Ancient Nordic Pickaxe by taking Retrieve the Ancient Nordic Pickaxe quest without completing it.
- Miners will use the pickaxe as a weapon in combat.
- Pickaxes swing at the same speed as a Sword.
- - If the pickaxe is equipped as a weapon and you begin mining, it will show both on your side and in your hand at the same time.
- The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (First appearance)