The location includes several chests aboard the wrecked ships, containing random leveled loot. To get to the ship, it can help to be an Argonian, have the Waterbreathing spell/potion, or wear a helmet with a waterbreathing enchantment (e.g. Volsung).
- Pilgrim's Trench is marked above ground by a small island, which is the location of Trius' Camp.
- Trius was originally meant to appear at the camp site as a bandit mage, starting the quest "Trius' Trinket" when talked to. The quest, however, is left incomplete in the game files.
- During "Trius' Trinket," the Dragonborn would have been tasked with retrieving a small jewelry box from the wreckage below the sea. Once the box had been obtained, Trius would have taught the Dragonborn an undisclosed spell.
- There is no mention of Shelly in the original quest data. As Trius was meant to be a bandit mage, along with the original quest title hinting at a trinket, it is likely that Shelly's background story is a mere stop-gap for the more elaborate story the original quest would have brought.
- Several Salmon can be seen swimming in and around the sunken ships, likely using the ships as a reef.
- Directly over the shipwrecks is a capsized rowboat.