|It has been suggested that this article or section be merged with Twilight Sepulcher, because: All of this belongs either on the Twilight Sepulcher page, or on Darkness Returns (Discuss)|
The Five TrialsEdit
In order to gain access to the inner sanctum one must complete the five "tests".
- "The only thing Lythelus seemed clear about was that there were five 'tests' on the path."
- Open the first iron door to start the first test.
- Follow the path until one reaches the first large chamber and one will be met with their first test, the Nightingale Sentinels. These warriors are corrupted versions of the Nightingale Sentinels that guard the Twilight Sepulcher.
- 'Shadows of their former selves, sentinels of the dark. They wander ever more and deal swift death to defilers.'
- Either fight them or sneak around them if one has a high enough sneak.
- To the right after entering there is a Extended Invisibility potion on the shelf. High enough Sneak will get to it and it will get one through this test.
- In the next chamber, darkness overwhelms and the light burns the skin. The only way through alive is to walk with the shadows...
- 'Above all they stand, vigilance everlasting. Beholden to the murk, yet contentious in the glow.'
- The third door set is easy. The wall behind the statue at the end has a hidden pathway to the next door. To open the path, use the chains next to each of the torches on either side of the statue.
- For the final set, just keep moving and watch out for the many traps.
- When the Dragonborn falls down the hole, after a while the Dragonborn takes out the skeleton key and falls through the floor to the inner sanctum. Watch the cutscene and the quest is completed.