|Location||North of Yngol Barrow|
Pilgrim's Trench is a ship located in The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim.
Pilgrim's Trench is an explorable location of ship debris located due West-Northwest of Winterhold. The location includes several chests aboard the shipwrecked ships, containing gold, potions, and possibly ebony ingots.
- The ship itself is likely to be called the 'Eye of Talos', as Windhelm guards mention the wreck of the Eye of Talos to the north, marking the location of Pilgrim's Trench on the map.
- Trius was originally meant to appear at the camp site as a bandit mage, starting the quest Trius' Trinket when talked to. The quest however has never been finished by the developers and is left incomplete and inconclusive inside Skyrim's datafiles, giving only mention of the quest's objectives and the intended reward, an undisclosed spell. The incomplete quest has the ID-name dunShipwreck04QST.
- During Trius' Trinket the player would have been tasked with retrieving a small jewelry box from the wreckage below the sea. Once the box had been obtained, Trius would have taught the player an undisclosed spell.
- There is no mention of Shelly in the original quest data. As Trius was meant to be a bandit mage, along with the original quest title hinting at a trinket, it's likely that Shelly's background story is a mere stop-gap for the much more elaborate story the original quest would have brought.
- Several Salmon can be seen swiming in and around the sunken ships, likely using the ships as a reef.
- The water is fairly deep, and only the ship with a cabin contains two chests.
- 3 wrecks are easily seen, but the 4th is a bit further away.
- A camp has been set up on a nearby hill with a small shelter for one. On a barrel by the shelter is the note For Shelly detailing a relationship between a man named Trius and a woman named Shelly. Trius is waiting for his lover to return on a ship and states he will stay there until they meet again. Inside the shelter the remains of a skeleton can be found.