|Pinewatch Bandit's Sanctuary|
The secret underground cavern beneath Pinewatch
|Location||Directly west of Helgen, between the two nearby mountains|
|Quests||One of Delvin Mallory's "Special Jobs" - Silver Lining|
It is a location for one of Delvin Mallory's "Special Jobs" (entitled "Silver Lining") that involves the recovery of a silver mold for Endon, a silversmith in Markarth. The successful return of the mold will result in the ability to use Endon as a fence, and a useful one at that due to his close proximity to the purchasable house in Markarth.
There are numerous solo (and groups of) bandits who be found throughout this area.
- The quest Silver Lining does not need to have begun in order to obtain the Silver Mold. It can simply be handed to Delvin Mallory right after accepting the quest.
- Note that the Silver Mold is a Quest Item and thus, cannot be accidentally (or intentionally) sold or dropped. In addition, is weightless, despite what the item's tooltip says (this applies to all Quest Items).
- This is a good place to harvest high elf blood for the quest Discerning the Transmundane. Immediately after entering the secret cavern, turn left, and there will be a dead female high elf on the ground.
- Everything in this area will be reset after one or both of the quests related to its location have been completed.
- Noted Loot:
- This dungeon contains possibly the only instances of a locked chest that also has a trap trigger attached to it (in this case, it activates a spike trap on the wall above the chest). It is located behind a locked door to the right of the room with several dead draugr near their respective sarcophaguses.
- The Sneak skill perk "Light Foot" won't stop the first arrow trap on the path to Rigel Strong-Arm's treasure room. The best thing to do is either stand on the pressure plate until the arrow barrage ceases, or simply sprint through them as quickly as possible. Though the outcome of this trap depends on whatever difficulty the game is set on, beware that getting struck with an arrow will result in the player being poisoned.
- The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (First appearance)