Poisoned Apple is an Alchemy ingredient mainly used by The Dark Brotherhood for assassinations. Even though it is a poisonous fruit, it cannot be made into a poison. Instead, it is made into a potion.
- Inside Bravil Wizard's Tower grotto
- Purchased from the Dark Brotherhood merchant.
- Ten can be found inside a barrel with a very hard lock in Fort Farragut in the chamber under the trap door entrance from outside. After an extended period of time, these will reappear, providing a continuous source of the apples.
- This apple can kill anyone, simply remove all the food in a target NPC's house and leave the apple. They should eat it and die.
- Doing this will not count as a murder by the guards or the Dark Brotherhood, and it will not raise the Hero kill tally on the game menu.
- If the Hero eats it, they will die.
- Because of its scripted effect, it bypasses poison resistance.
- One can create a potion out of this apple, but it will only create a potion that one can quaff.
- Since the poisoned apple has a weight of zero, it can easily be reverse pickpocketed into an NPC's inventory. This can cause them to eat it even sooner than if one left it on a table etc.