|Potion Of Brief Invisibility|
| Base Value:|
The Potion of Brief Invisibility is the weakest of all the Invisibility potions found in The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim. This item renders the user invisible for a period of 20 seconds.
A pair of any of these ingredients will create one Potion of Brief Invisibility
Some exploits and innovative uses for invisibility effect include:
- Stealing objects (not pickpocketing): even if the invisibility breaks when you steal an item, you don't get bounty points for the item you caught.
- Helping sneaking past opponents' line of sight: with the help of Quiet Casting, you can use invisibility to sneak right in front of opponents.
- Break Combat: if you manage to put enough distance between you and your current opponent(s) to not be able to be heard with the help of the Sneak skill, casting invisibility will make them lose track of you and return to their former spot after a few seconds.
- Returning to hidden mode while in plain sight of enemies if you have the Shadow Warrior perk.
- If you walk though a door or a cave opening that transitions (loading screen appears) into a new area while simultaneously charging up an invisibility spell, it will complete the spell on the other side. This can be very useful for hiding yourself when first entering a new area that might have dangers.
- Cast invisibility, attack an opponent (casting spells or sneak attacking) and cast invisibility again (requires some magicka).
- When viewed in first person prior to casting, the invisibility spell bottle seems to lack the "shimmering" effect of other spells, and instead appears as a dark, translucent "blob" in the palm of your hand. This does not, however, affect the spell itself, and is purely aesthetic.
- Eyes on the player in third person may lose their texture and have cartoonish spirals as a result of turning invisible.
- The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (First appearance)