Rabbits are common, non-hostile animals seen in landscapes from forests to open tundra. Rabbits flee at the sight of any humanoid or predator but can be sneaked up on or be killed with a ranged attack. They're often seen being hunted by wolves and foxes. Hunters do not follow rabbits, but if they happen to come across each other, the hunter will attempt to kill it.
With Hearthfire installed, an adopted child may show up with a rabbit named Cotton, asking to keep it. If premitted, it will not run away from the Dragonborn, and may be seen near the bed of the child who asked to keep it, near an adopted child, or wandering around in the house.
- Raw Rabbit Leg which can be cooked
- Using the Wabbajack upon a humanoid has a slight chance of transforming them into a rabbit.
- Making a rabbit hostile through the use of Fury or Frenzy reveals that rabbits seem to have no form of attack. They will simply follow the Dragonborn in a vain attempt at killing them. Any other non-passive character that sees the rabbit will attempt to kill it despite its inability to attack, as the rabbit is still flagged as hostile. This also works on goats and other animals.
- Using Unrelenting Force on a rabbit will kill it instantly.
- Checking "Combat" in the Character Menu displays a "Bunnies Slaughtered" statistic.
- A werewolf with the perk Savage Feeding can feed on dead rabbits in the open but not from those hanging from game racks.
- Rabbits occasionally jump into ponds and rivers if chased. If the Dragonborn follows them, they can be seen hopping around underwater; but do not drown. Similarly, rabbits jump off cliffs if chased to them, but will not die.
- Dragonborn cannot pick up the corpse of a rabbit; picking up a rabbit's corpse is like picking up a deer's, it will only shift slightly. The
- Rarely, if a rabbit runs onto very rough or steep terrain it may glitch and teleport. (Usually to the left.)
- If a dead rabbit is resurrected using the resurrect console command, it does not respawn as a live rabbit. Instead, the corpse of the rabbit will begin to slide, in a haphazard pattern, across the terrain.
- When Conjuration spells are used on rabbits, they reanimate again but remain in place with their legs kicking wildly. They can still be searched, as if they were still dead.
- Rarely, a rabbit may become invincible to all attacks made by the player.
- Occasionally, rabbits will become impervious to attacks- as though they are not physically there. If the player attacks with a weapon or spell, the game will read the attack as though they were hitting bare-ground instead of a creature.
|Creatures and Enemies (The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim)|
|Animals||Bear • Cave Bear • Chicken • Cow • Deer • Dog • Elk • Fox • Goat • Hawk • Horker • Horse |
Ice Wolf • Mammoth • Mudcrab • Rabbit • Sabre Cat • Skeever • Slaughterfish • Snow Bear • Snow Fox • Wolf
|Creatures||Chaurus • Frostbite Spider • Frost Troll • Giant • Hagraven • Ice Wraith • Spriggan • Troll|
|Daedra||Dremora • Flame Atronach • Frost Atronach • Storm Atronach|
|Undead||Corrupted Shade • Dragon Priest • Draugr • Magic Anomaly • Skeleton |
Subjugated Ghost • Wisp • Wispmother • Vampire
|Animunculi||Dwarven Centurion • Dwarven Sphere • Dwarven Spider|
|Dragons||Dragon • Blood Dragon • Frost Dragon • Elder Dragon • Ancient Dragon • Skeletal Dragon|