Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Rabbits are common, passive animals seen in landscapes from forests to open tundra. Rabbits flee at the sight of any humanoid or predator, but can be sneaked up on or be killed with a ranged attack. They're often seen being hunted by wolves and foxes. Hunters do not follow rabbits, but if they happen to come across each other, the hunter will attempt to kill it.
With Hearthfire installed, an adopted child may show up with a rabbit named Cotton, asking to keep it. If permitted, it will not run away from the Dragonborn, and may be seen near the bed of the child who asked to keep it, near an adopted child, or wandering around in the house.
- Multiple rabbits can be found inside Shadowgreen Cavern.
- Rabbits are very common, and as such can be found almost everywhere in Skyrim.
- Using the Wabbajack upon a humanoid has a slight chance of transforming them into a rabbit.
- Using the Wabbajack on the madwoman, a character found during a random encounter, will always turn her into a rabbit.
- Making a rabbit hostile through the use of Fury or Frenzy reveals that rabbits have no form of attack. They will simply follow the Dragonborn around in this state, while still appearing as a "hostile" target on the compass. Any other non-passive character that sees the rabbit will attempt to kill it, as the rabbit is still flagged as hostile. This also works on goats and other animals.
- Using Unrelenting Force on a rabbit will kill it instantly.
- Checking "Combat" in the Character Menu displays a "Bunnies Slaughtered" statistic.
- A werewolf with the perk Savage Feeding can feed on dead rabbits in the open, but not from those hanging from game racks.
- Despite being called rabbits in-game, they are referred to to as hares in the game files. They also share more physical and social attributes with hares than they do rabbits, being larger with no burrows, and often found no more than two at a time.
This section contains bugs related to Rabbit (Skyrim). Before adding a bug to this list, consider the following:
|Click to see the list of bugs encountered|
|Creatures and Enemies (The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim)|
|Animals||Ants • Bear • Cave Bear • Chicken • Cow • Deer • Dog • Elk • Fox • Goat • Hawk • Horker • Horse|
Ice Wolf • Mammoth • Mudcrab • Rabbit • Sabre Cat • Salmon • Skeever • Slaughterfish • Snow Bear • Snow Fox • Wolf
|Creatures||Chaurus • Frostbite Spider • Frost Troll • Giant • Hagraven • Ice Wraith • Spriggan • Troll|
|Daedra||Dremora • Flame Atronach • Frost Atronach • Storm Atronach|
|Undead||Corrupted Shade • Dragon Priest • Draugr • Ghost • Magic Anomaly • Skeleton|
Subjugated Ghost • Wisp • Wispmother • Vampire
|Animunculi||Dwarven Centurion • Dwarven Sphere • Dwarven Spider|
|Dragons||Dragon • Blood Dragon • Frost Dragon • Elder Dragon • Ancient Dragon • Skeletal Dragon|