Joining the Blades
He can be found outside the barrow, and needs funding for the excavation, with the exact sum being 1000 gold. After some time, a courier will deliver a letter asking for your assistance once more. Throughout the mission, he will ask for more gold for more miners and warriors. He will ask for 11000 total before he is finally done with the work needed to complete the mission.
Speaking to Ralis will initiate this quest. He is essential to the quest, and can be killed or spared at the end of said quest.
- Who told you that? Was it Geldis? I told that idiot not to send me any more...
- ...bah. It probably can't hurt to tell you. You look mostly honest.
- I've got a financier waiting for me back on the mainland. Sent me here in the interests of obtaining some rare antiquities. The "Relics of Ahzidal."
- You come out of the northern ashlands, you don't expect things to be easy. But this was something outside my particular expertise.
- Excavating isn't exactly my specialty. Even if it was, the ash storms fill it faster than you can dig.
- You think I've got that kind of money? No, I only get paid on delivery.
- Now they're old, and they're powerful. A combination like that makes them very valuable to certain people, and I happen to know certain people.
- What? Are you serious? Well, I think I could make that work.
- I'll head back to Raven Rock and round up some diggers. Once we've got something worth looking at, I'll send word to you.
- I never get tired of that sound. It will take me a few days to find some more miners...
- Oh... I was hoping I wouldn't see you quite so soon.
- Yes, well, the mercenaries did their jobs. Worth every septim. Of course, they might disagree... the dead ones, anyway. Gods, what a disaster.
- I feel like we've done this before. That just means we're getting good at it.
- You go make the draugr dead again, and I'll keep the rest of these n'wahs from running off
- Oh gods... what happened? What have I done?
This section contains bugs related to Ralis Sedarys. Before adding a bug to this list, consider the following:
- Sometimes, if Hoarfrost is taken from Ralis, then placed back in his inventory, it may be on the ground in front of him, moving around as he does, unable to be picked up. It remains this way even during combat, fast travel, and entering/exiting areas. There is no known fix.
- Sometimes after being left alive after Unearthed, his speech may be stuck on "awakening" phrases as if he was still trying to awaken Azhidal. His interactions are normal and he responds normally when talked to but when he is following the Dragonborn he will randomly shout "awakening" phrases.