|Soul Size||Petty (150)|
Rats are filthy, aggressive rodents of very low level. They are one of the weakest creatures in the game. Rats can be found in most sewers and often in caves. Rats will still attack even if the Boots of the Crusader are equipped. They are one of the first enemies encountered in the game besides Goblins.
They do not scale with player level, and are the weakest enemies in the game.
- Rat Meat
- Minor Loot
- Possibility of contracting and of the following diseases: Blood Lung, Bone Break Fever, Brain Rot, Feeble Limb, Red Rage, Shakes, or Witless Pox (25% Chance)
Related quests Edit
- Rats are involved in the Fighters Guild quest, A Rat Problem. (Anvil) Note: These rats also have more health than a standard rat. (Standard rat = 4 Health, Basement rats = 20 Health)
- Rats are involved in Sheogorath's Daedric Quest. (Border Watch)
- The Dark Brotherhood quest series has a pet rat Schemer.
In certain locations, a Roasted Rat may be found, which will always be dead and contain three pieces of Rat Meat.
- Llevana's Tunnel Rat (Health = 25pts) (Summoned by Llevana during the Corruption and Conscience quest)
- Schemer (Health = 4pts) (Found in the Dark Brotherhood sanctuary - pet)
- Sewer Rat (Health = 4pts) (Found in the Imperial Sewers during the tutorial quest, not hostile to player)
- Rat (Health = 4pts) (Found outside Fort Caractacus - Invisible)
- Rat (Health = 15pts) (Found in Temple of the Ancestor Moths Catacombs)
Description (From Morrowind)Edit
"The Cave Rat is a subterranean variety of the hardy, abundant hunter-scavenger. Rat meat is tough and greasy, with an unpleasant odor and taste. Nonetheless, it is cheap, abundant, and nutritious, and palatable when cooked in a stew and masked by strong, strong spices."
Small with brown fur and grey tail and feet. They have two large incisors at the front of their mouth with which they attack. When attacking they will leap at the enemy while biting them. they make a sharp screeching sound when attacking.
Not to be confused with the Skeever, a rat-like creature that are indigenous to Skyrim.
|Creatures (The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion)|
|Animals||Bear • Boar • Deer • Dog • Horse • Mountain Lion • Mudcrab • Rat • Sheep • Slaughterfish • Unicorn • Wolf|
|Creatures||Goblin • Imp • Land Dreugh • Minotaur • Ogre • Spriggan • Troll • Will-o-the-Wisp|
|Daedra||Clannfear • Daedroth • Flame Atronach • Frost Atronach • Scamp • Spider Daedra • Storm Atronach • Xivilai|
|Undead||Ghost • Lich • Skeleton • Wraith • Zombie|
|Shivering Isles||Baliwog • Elytra • Flesh Atronach • Gatekeeper • Gnarl • Grummite • Hunger • Scalon • Shambles • Skinned Hound|