Rattles is a mild common disease. Symptoms include muscle spasms, paleness, restlessness, and listlessness. It can be contracted from contact with Nix-Hounds, Zombie, or contaminated swinging blade traps. This disease can be problematic as it decreases attributes, and it is recommended that it be cured promptly to avoid disadvantageous situations.
- Visiting any of the Altars of the Nine.
- Casting the Restoration spell Cure Disease on oneself.
- Using any potion that has the Cure Disease effect.
- Stamina regenerates 50% slower
- Activating the altar at Temples, such as the Temple of Akatosh
- Using any potion that has the Cure Disease effect
- Talk to a Vigilant of Stendarr and ask them to cure your diseases
- Joining the Companions and Contracting lycanthropy will also cure this Disease
- Cairine of Markarth states that she doesn't know anyone in The Warrens who hasn't contracted either Rattles or Ataxia.
- Arcadia, the owner of Arcadia's Cauldron, will commonly say, "Pardon me, but do I detect a case of the Rattles? I've got something for that."