Rattles is a mild common disease. Symptoms include muscle spasms, paleness, restlessness, and listlessness. It can be contracted from contact with Nix-Hounds, Zombies, or contaminated swinging blade traps. This disease can be problematic as it decreases attributes, and it is recommended that it be cured promptly to avoid disadvantageous situations. In Skyrim, the disease can be contracted from trolls.confirmation needed
- Visiting any of the Altars of the Nine.
- Casting the Restoration spell Cure Disease on oneself.
- Using any potion that has the Cure Disease effect.
- Stamina regenerates 50% slower
- Activating the altar at Temples, such as the Temple of Akatosh
- Using any potion that has the Cure Disease effect
- Talk to a Vigilant of Stendarr and ask them to cure your diseases
- Cairine of Markarth states that she doesn't know anyone in The Warrens who hasn't contracted either Rattles or Ataxia.
- Arcadia, the owner of Arcadia's Cauldron, will commonly say, "Pardon me, but do I detect a case of the Rattles? I've got something for that." She will state this even if the Dragonborn has no diseases.