If Lakeview Manor has been purchased, Rayya will stay there and, when not following the Dragonborn, patrol around the property, making for a handy extra fighter if the homestead is attacked by a dragon or a bandit.
Rayya has typical skills of a warrior;
Rayya wears steel armor and an Alik'r hood. In battle, she dual-wields scimitars by default, but will use other weapons if they are given to her. Her stats are average, but she specializes in one-handed weapons and heavy armor.
"Lead on, Thane. My blade is always yours to command" - when asked to follow
"Yes, my Thane? Do you need something?" - initiated conversation while following
"Yes, Thane. Be careful." - told to wait
"I await your orders, Thane" - initiated conversation while waiting
"I'll stand guard here" - ended conversation while waiting
"Of course, Thane. How can I be of service?" - when asked to trade items
"I am your sword and your shield." - approached or passed by
"Long life to you, Thane." - approached or passed by
"I'm just itching for a fight." - when Courage is cast on her
- Rayya was voiced by Claudia Christian, who also voiced Iona. Therefore, they use the same lines when engaged in a dialogue or idle chat.
- She is the only appointed housecarl who is not a Nord.
- Rayya is one of the only followers capable of dual-wielding.
This section contains bugs related to Rayya. Before adding a bug to this list, consider the following:
- Rayya may not show up at the homestead after it has been purchased. She might not also be present at the Jarl's longhouse after becoming the Thane of Falkreath.
Taking one of her scimitars will take both. When her inventory is first examined she will sometimes have two sets of two scimitars.
- Taking them from her then dropping them usually fixes this bug.