|Skill Level||Apprentice (25)|
|Effect||Reanimate a more powerful dead body to fight for you for 60 seconds.|
Reanimate Corpse is an Apprentice-level Conjuration spell in The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim. It allows the player to bring certain corpses back to life to fight for them. This is not limited to humans; a dead bear or wolf can be reanimated as well, as long as it is of a low enough level. Characters raised with this spell may turn into dust after being killed again.
- Reanimated beings cannot be Soul Trapped.
- Unless the Dragonborn has the Conjuration perk, Twin Souls, only one zombie may be created at any one time. Attempts to animate a second corpse results in the first disintegrating into a pile of dust.
- Beheaded or dismembered corpses cannot be reanimated.
- Repeated unsuccessful attempts to reanimate a corpse may cause the corpse to turn to dust.
- A corpse that has been fed upon by the player while in Beast Form or as a vampire can still be reanimated.
- Weight: 1
- Value: 99
- See Spell Tome for a complete table of spell tomes, their descriptions, and their values.
- Purchase the tome from any of the following merchants:
- Calcelmo at the Understone Keep
- Falion at Falion's House
- Farengar Secret-Fire in Dragonsreach
- Nelacar at The Frozen Hearth (After the quest The Black Star)
- Niranye in the White Hall
- Phinis Gestor at College of Winterhold
- Sybille Stentor at Blue Palace
- Wuunferth the Unliving at Palace of the Kings
- Wylandriah at Mistveil Keep
- Sometimes when a mage reanimated by the player is attacked, it will summon an atronach. The atronach will register as an enemy, causing it to attack the summoner. Once it kills the corpse, it will disappear, having effectively killed itself.
- A reanimated human corpse may make moaning noises.
- If the player casts this spell on a Dragon after killing it, the skeleton will be hurled in the direction the player is facing at extreme speeds. This also occurs when using Raise Zombie and Revenant, or any other projectile magic.
| Banish Daedra • Bound Sword • Bound Battleaxe • Bound Bow • Command Daedra • Conjure Dremora Lord |
Conjure Familiar • Conjure Flaming Familiar • Conjure Flame Atronach • Conjure Frost Atronach • Conjure Storm Atronach
Dead Thrall • Dread Zombie • Expel Daedra • Flame Thrall • Frost Thrall • Raise Zombie • Reanimate Corpse • Revenant
Soul Trap • Storm Thrall • Summon Arniel's Shade • Summon Unbound Dremora
|Conjure Boneman • Conjure Mistman • Conjure Wrathman • Summon Arvak|
|Bound Dagger • Conjure Ash Guardian • Conjure Ash Spawn • Conjure Seeker|
|Schools of Magic|
|Alteration • Conjuration • Destruction • Illusion • Restoration|
|Conjuration Ritual Spell • Magicka • Perks • Magic • The College of Winterhold • Conjuration trainers |
Resurrection • Necromancy • Banish