| Have an image of this location?|
Then please upload it!
|Location||At Shor's Stone north of Riften|
|Quests||Mine or Yours|
The locals describe Redbelly Mine as an iron mine with a red mist of unknown origin. The mist is noticeable from the bottom of the dig. From being just an iron mine the miners have found curious ore identified as quicksilver ore.
The mine is located just west-northwest of Filnjar's house.
The path from the entrance leads down to the west to a wooden bridge that crosses a large cirtular pit with several frostbite spiders. Halfway across the bridge is a spur to the right that leads to a dead end. Further along the bridge is another dead end alcove. However, from this end, a ramp leads down to the left (west), guarded buy several more spiders. The ramp spirals down along the walls of the pit to the floor, where there are several [Ebony Ore|ebony ore]] veins.
- Ebony ore from three veins. Vein locations are:
- Just before the last ramp down to the bottom of the pit, on the floor
- Immediately at the bottom of the final ramp on the floor.
- On the opposite side of the floor of the mine from the last ramp.
The Redbelly Mine has been overrun by Frostbite Spiders. Fortunately, no one has been hurt, but the spiders are keeping the miners from their work and so the flow in the settlement. Filnjar asks the Dragonborn to clear them out.
This section contains bugs related to Redbelly Mine. Before adding a bug to this list, consider the following:
- Sometimes when entering the mine, the Dragonborn will fall through the floor and die when they hit the bottom of the mine.