|Location||West of Whiterun|
Redoran's Retreat is a cave located in The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim. It is located slightly North then West of Whiterun and is populated by three bandits and a dog. It is also part of the miscellaneous quest to retrieve Amren's Sword.
After first entering the cave, the dog may notice the Dragonborn and alert it's presence to its master, a bow-wielding bandit to the right. The dog can be killed in one hit, so using a bow is advised. The archer is a low-level bandit, so he is relatively simple to defeat. Killing this bandit will not alert the other bandits in the cave. The bandit protects a chest, as well as some potions.
To the left of the bandit is a passageway that leads down to the main chamber of the Retreat, where a bandit is patrolling while the Bandit Chief works at the far side of the room. The easiest way to deal with the bandit is by an arrow, and this will alert the chief.
- 2920, vol 08 - Last Seed - Sneak skill book, and a treasure map for an unknown hidden treasure location. Found on a box near the Bandit Chief in the dead end room.
- Amren's Family Sword (one possible location) - Return it to Armren to level up One-Handed and Block skills. Found in the chest by the Bandit Chief in the main chamber.
- Treasure Map IV
- Despite the similarity of name, it is unlikely that the cave bears any relation to House Redoran.
- This cave is used in many Radiant Al quests.
- Sometimes the Dragonborn cannot move after exiting, reloading an old save or fast traveling will not fix this
- The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (First appearance)