|Quests||The Bloodstone Chalice|
The Redwater Den lies west of Boulderfall Cave, between the Atronach Stone and Faldar's Tooth. From above the surface it appears to be just a ruined cottage, but it has a trapdoor which leads to an underground area. It appears to be some sort of drug den; the place is littered with empty skooma bottles. There are people coughing, and red smoke lurks in the air. Further into the depths, skooma is being made. It is a great area to farm for rare ingredients, such as Redwater Skooma, Skooma, Sleeping Tree Sap, and Moon Sugar. They respawn every ten days.
Redwater Springs consists of three large caves, one of them being where the Dragonborn has to collect the bloody waters in the quest The Bloodstone Chalice, the second seems to be where Venarus Vulpin did his research and the third is a prison with a floor trap with a spike pit and a large cage with two Death Hounds locked in it.
- Skill book (Block), The Battle of Red Mountain on table in the ruined house, (above ground).
- A knife and a fork sitting on a table, next to a bottle of Black-Briar Mead. These pieces of silverware can be equipped and used as weapons.
- Redwater Skooma - can be found behind the front desk
- Spell tome: Telekinesis - in the large cavern past the skooma den, in a prison cell.
- Venarus Vulpin's Research
- Venarus Vulpin's Journal
- Unprovoked assaults on the inhabitants do not increase one's bounty.
- If the Dragonborn is not a vampire and activates the Bloodspring, various diseases will be contracted.
- After dealing with Redwater Den's inhabitants, the Patriarch of Redwater Den may send Vampire Assassins after the Dragonborn, even if no survivors were left to bear witness to the attack. Regardless, they will have an Assassin's Writ with the Dragonborn mentioned by name.
- If Dawnguard is not installed, it will be an unmarked bandit camp.
- Dawnguard, most of the den may not have been rendered, making it inaccessible.
If accessed during or after the Dawnguard quest line, when siding with the
- This can be fixed by saving the game before entering and disabling the quicksave, then enter the den and use Whirlwind Sprint to cross the missing stairs and proceed through the den until reaching Redwater Spring by lockpicking the bar door at the end of the booths or by buying and consuming Redwater Skooma, then when entering Redwater Spring have yourself killed and make sure to spawn with your save from outside prior to entering, then enter again without saving and the den should render completely.
- The Elder Scrolls V: Dawnguard (First appearance)
|Cities||Dawnstar • Falkreath • Markarth • Morthal • Riften • Solitude • Whiterun • Windhelm • Winterhold|
|Holds||Eastmarch • Falkreath Hold • Haafingar • Hjaalmarch • The Pale |
The Reach • The Rift • Winterhold Hold • Whiterun Hold