|Location||North of Solitude.|
Reeking Cave is a small unmarked cave inhabited by a Frost Troll. To find it from the outside, fast travel to the Thalmor Embassy. The Dragonborn will arrive in front of the gates facing north. Turn west and head to the rocks nearby. Carefully descend those rocks, then continue downhill to a road. Turn right and follow the road downhill (there will be rocks on the right), the entrance is nearby.
Look for a narrowing with a rock on the left and a large tree on the right. There will be another tree on the right about ten feet further downhill. Between the rock and tree is a dark arch, which is the cave entrance.
- The escape from the Thalmor Embassy is through this cave in the main quest Diplomatic Immunity.
- No Stone Unturned (as of patch 1.4).
- The Stone of Barenziah will only appear in the cave if the player does not take the stone from the Thalmor Embassy during the quest Diplomatic Immunity, as there is no way to return to the embassy after leaving.
- The troll and other objects in the cave do not respawn.
- The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (First appearance)