Reflect Damage works by reflecting a percentage of afflicted damage back at your opponent, thus reducing the actual damage you receive. It reflects only physical damage, so magicka-based damage still fully damages you. For example, if you have a Reflect Damage with a spell magnitude of 95%, then 95% of damage inflicted upon you would be returned back onto your opponent. The other 5% would actually damage you.
At higher levels, it's possible to collect high leveled apparel and armor that grants a 100% Reflect Damage effect. This renders one completely invulnerable to physical attacks, but will not change the damage caused by spells, traps or falling.
Items that bear the Reflect Damage enchantment are:
- Escutcheon of Chorrol - 35% Reflect Damage if obtained at level 25+
- Raiment of the Crimson Scar - 35% Reflect Damage if obtained at level 25+
- Amulet of Axes - 33% Reflect Damage
- Necklace of Swords - 33% Reflect Damage
- Ring of the Iron Fist - 33% Reflect Damage
- Bladeturn Hood - 15% reflect damage if obtained at level 20+
- Ring of Namira - 12% reflect damage.
- Mankar Camoran's Robe - Reflect Damage 10% if obtained at level 18+
Reflect Spell works by reflecting a cast spell back to the caster. The value of reflect spell ranges anywhere from 0 to 100, with the value representing the percent chance to reflect the spell back. Thus, having "Reflect Spell 100% for 10 secs" renders the player invulnerable to all enemy-based magic for 10 seconds.
- If you have a Reflect Damage on a shield, you do not have to block for the spell to reflect damage.