|Report Leifnarr's death to his family|
|Have an image that helps illustrate this quest?|
Then please upload it!
For more information please consult our image policies
In Broken Helm Hollow, a body lies in a hidden room, which can be entered by the use of a pull chain.
- Find his family in Heartwood Mill
- Tell them of his death
In Broken Helm Hollow, opening a hidden door in the stone back wall of the cavern reveals a torture room. A dead Nord male lies on the floor. Travel to his family in Heartwood Mill and tell them of his death.
- The body is an unnamed Nord male until the quest registers in the player's journal and his name is provided.
- No map location may be linked to the quest entry in the Journal. In addition, the directional indicator in the main view window may not show a caret to indicate direction. This may happen if the body is discovered during a bounty mission in Broken Helm Hollow.
- The dialogue for reporting his death does not appear with either his son Gralnach or his wife Grosta. This may be due to finding Leifnarr's body before talking to Grosta. This bug cannot be fixed on PS3 or Xbox, but it can be failed and moved off the active quest list by killing Grosta at Heartwood Mill. It can be cleared on PC by using console command: setstage e3ea5 30.
- Leifnarr's body may be found a second time, in a different location, such as Orotheim, after the quest has been finished. This will restart the quest but neither Gralnach nor Grosta will have the speech option needed to finish the quest.