- Main article: Main Quest (Morrowind)
- Create character and speak to Sellus Gravius.
- The prisonner will then be given a package to deliver, and also Directions to Caius Cosades.
- Go to Caius Cosades' house and speak to him.
A woman's voice is heard: "They have taken you from the imperial city's prison, first by carriage, now by boat, to the east, to Morrowind. Fear not, for I am watchful. You have been chosen." Inside a boat, a Dunmer named Jiub is speaking to the Hero as they wake, "Wake up, we're here. Why are you shaking? Are you ok? Wake up." A guard, approaches and guides the prisoner. They are asked to choose race, sex and physical aspect. Inside the Census and Excise Office, Socucius Ergalla asks about the prisonner birthsign, major and minor skills. After, these are defined, Socucius orders the Hero to go find Sellus Gravius in the next building. The Hero can now leave.
- Optional: If the Hero searches the other rooms, before leaving, they will find a dagger on a table, a lockpick, inside the baskets and sacks, some alchemy ingredients and can be found. Exit the building into a courtyard, before going into the next building search the barrel for an Engraved Ring of Healing that belongs to Fargoth. Head into the next building and speak to the captain for orders.
The Hero must speak with Sellus Gravius, in the building on the other side of the courtyard.Sellus will grant the release papers. Sellus will, also, order the delivery of a sealed package to Caius Cosades in Balmora. Indicating that, although Caius has a house in Balmora, they can find information on Caius' whereabouts at the cornerclub. Sellus will, then, give a note called Directions to Caius Cosades. The Hero leaves for Balmora.
- Optional: Inquiries inside the South Wall cornerclub, reveal that Caius is a Skooma addict and that if Bacola Closcius is asked where Caius lives, he will give directions to Caius' house in Balmora.
The Hero will go to Caius' house to deliver the package.
Cauis will then advise the Hero to join a guild or a faction and to do freelance work in order to create the cover of an adventurer, so they may not draw suspicion. He will mention the Fighters Guild, Mages Guild, Imperial Cult, and Imperial Legion.
- Note: Even if joining the factions as soon as possible is recommended, this can be entirely skipped and one can ask Caius about "Orders" immediately, this will start the next Quest, "Antabolis Informant".
|Report to Caius Cosades — A1_1_FindSpymaster|
|My orders are to go to the town of Balmora in Vvardenfell District and report to a man named Caius Cosades. To find out where he lives, I should ask in Balmora at the cornerclub called South Wall. When I find Caius Cosades, I must give him a package of documents, and wait for further orders.
|Elone at Arrille's Tradehouse gave me detailed directions to Balmora.|
|A patron of the South Wall cornerclub called Caius Cosades "an old sugar tooth," and says to ask the owner, Bacola Closcius, about Caius Cosades.|
|Bacola Closcius says Caius Cosades rents a little bed-and-basket up the hill from the South Wall. Go right up the stairs from the front door, then left at the top of the stairs and down to the end of the street.|
|I reported to Caius Cosades, but I haven't given him the package of documents yet.|
|I gave Caius Cosades the package of documents. Caius Cosades says the Emperor wants me inducted into the Blades, the Imperial Intelligence service, with the rank of Novice. Caius Cosades would be my Spymaster, and I would follow his orders. Should I do as the Emperor commands? I'm not sure... I want to think about it.|
|I have given Caius Cosades the package of documents. And, by the Emperor's command, Caius Cosades has inducted me into the Blades, the Imperial Intelligence service, with the rank of Novice. Caius Cosades will be my Spymaster, and I'll follow his orders.
||Spymaster Caius Cosades gave me 200 gold to spend as I please. And he also told me to establish a cover identity as a freelance adventurer. He suggested I join the Fighters Guild, or Mages Guild, or Imperial cult, advance in the ranks, gain skill and experience, or go out on my own, get freelance work. Then, when I'm ready, I come back to Caius for orders.
||Spymaster Caius Cosades told me to establish a cover identity as a freelance adventurer. He suggested I might find some work at the Fighters Guild and the Mages Guild. When I'm ready, I'm to come back to him, and he'll have orders for me.
||Spymaster Caius Cosades suggested I maintain a cover identity as a freelance adventurer, just to avoid drawing unwanted attention. And he says he has orders for me, whenever I'm ready.
- There are a lot of items that can be taken during the character creation process.
- Before leaving Seyda Neen, take some time to familiarize yourself with the game. Talk with the locals, explore the area, and get some items.
- One can get information and additional items by visiting the various Blades Trainers that Caius speaks of.
- Completion of this quest results in a disposition increase of all Blades Trainers, except Elone.
|Main Quest (The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind)|
|Caius Cosades' Quests||Report to Caius Cosades • Antabolis Informant • Gra-Muzgob Informant • Vivec Informants • Zainsubani Informant • Meet Sul-Matuul • Sixth House Base • Corprus Cure • Mehra Milo and the Lost Prophecies|
|Third, Forth, and Fifth Trial Quests||The Path of the Incarnate • Redoran Hortator • Hlaalu Hortator • Telvanni Hortator • Urshilaku Nerevarine • Ahemmusa Nerevarine • Zainab Nerevarine • Erabenimsun Nerevarine|
|End Game Quests||Hortator and Nerevarine • The Citadels of the Sixth House|
|Optional||Sleepers Awake • Yagrum Bagarn and Wraithguard|