|Quest Giver||Florentius Baenius|
Rescue is a repeatable quest offered by Florentius Baenius in Fort Dawnguard. To complete it, rescue a friend or spouse from a Master Vampire in a randomly selected location across Skyrim. The friend in question is anyone that has a friendly disposition towards the player no matter who it is. It's even possible for the kidnapped friend to be a Jarl.
Victim NPCs that can become followers will not do so for the duration of this quest. Reporting your success to Florentius removes this restriction.
| Florentius Baenius has learned that a <leveled vampire> has kidnapped <radiant NPC> and is keeping him/her in <radiant location>.
|Florentius Baenius learned that a <leveled vampire> kidnapped <radiant NPC>. I rescued him/her from <radiant location>.
- Sometimes, if the victim is your spouse, they may remain at your home instead of appearing at the cave, therefore messing up the quest. If this occurs, load a previous save. This may fix it and get a new victim.
- Sometimes the marker for the quest points you in random directions.
- Occasionally, speaking to your spouse after rescuing them will start a new Rescue quest; leading you to a new vampire to kill. However, the vampire doesn't actually spawn in the area - leaving the quest unfinishable, and thus unable to get any more quests from Florentius Baenius.
- Occasionally, even if your victim is not your spouse, and instead just a friendly NPC, they will still call you "my love" when rescued.
- Sometimes when talking to random npc they start the quest but the vampire does not spawn so its unfinishable (the chance increases if you quick save before starting the quest then quick load after starting the quest).
- Sometimes, when rescuing the Dragonborn's friend, the friend will be killed by the Master Vampire. The quest objective will remain, saying to rescue the friend, but clicking to search the friend's corpse still completes the objective. Returning to Florentius will result in him congratulating you on your successful rescue, even though you technically failed.
- The victim may be hurt despite the fact she is a vampire.