Resist Magic is an effect found in The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim. It can be obtained from several different sources, such as abilities, potions and enchantments.
Resist Magic is capped at 85%, this includes all forms of elemental and dragon breath attacks. A further 85% on elemental resistance can be achieved which will grant a potential 97% magic damage reduction on one element.
- Agent of Mara: +15% magic resistance.
- Blessing of AzuraDB: +10 magic resistance.
- The Lord Stone: +25% magic resistance.
- Vampiric Blood RestedDG: +10% magic resistance.
- Alteration Magic Resistance perk: 3 levels - +10%, +20% and +30%
- Breton racial: Breton blood grants a 25% resistance to magic.
- Savior's Hide - 15% Magic Resistance
- Shield of Solitude - 30% Magic Resistance. Currently has a stronger version of this enchantment (also named Resist Magic but approximately 20% stronger than the regular).
- Shield of Ysgramor - 20% Magic Resistance
The following ingredients provide the Resist Magic property for purposes of potions.
- Bleeding Crown
- Chicken's Egg
- Crimson Nirnroot
- Felsaad Tern Feathers DB
- Gleamblossom DG
- Hagraven Claw
- Hawk's Egg HF
- Tundra Cotton
- Void Salts
- Wisp Wrappings
Gaining a resistance to magic can negate a percentage of all incoming spells. It is superior to elemental resistance as it covers all kinds of magical damage instead of just fire, frost, or shock individually.
An 80% passive resistance can be achieved by a vampire character if sleeping in a coffin to gain Vampiric Blood Rested in addition to obtaining Agent of Mara, The Lord Stone and all 3 levels of the Alteration perk Magic Resistance is taken.
A Breton character will receive a natural 25% resistance, so achieving the 85% cap will require fewer abilities.
- This enchantment may be placed on shields, rings and necklaces.
- Resist magic does not affect friendly spells, unlike the Spell Absorption ability.