Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Resist Magic is capped at 85%, this includes all forms of elemental and dragon breath attacks. A further 85% on elemental resistance can be achieved which will grant a potential 97.75% magic damage reduction on one element.
- Agent of Mara: +15% magic resistance.
- Blessing of AzuraDR: +10% magic resistance.
- The Lord Stone: +25% magic resistance.
- Vampiric Blood RestedDG: +10% magic resistance.
- Alteration Magic Resistance perk: 3 levels - +10%, +20% and +30%
- Breton racial: Breton blood grants a 25% resistance to magic.
- Savior's Hide - 15% Magic Resistance
- Shield of Solitude - 30% Magic Resistance. Currently has a stronger version of this enchantment (also named Resist Magic but approximately 20% stronger than the regular).
- Shield of Ysgramor - 20% Magic Resistance
- Spellbreaker - 50 points Magic Resistance
The following ingredients provide the Resist Magic property for purposes of potions.
- Bleeding Crown
- Chicken's Egg
- Crimson Nirnroot
- Felsaad Tern Feathers DR
- Gleamblossom DG
- Hagraven Claw
- Hawk's Egg HF
- Tundra Cotton
- Void Salts
- Wisp Wrappings
Gaining a resistance to magic can negate a percentage of all incoming spells. It is more versatile than elemental resistance as it covers all kinds of magical damage instead of just fire, frost, or shock individually.
An 80% passive resistance can be achieved by a vampire character if sleeping in a coffin to gain Vampiric Blood Rested in addition to obtaining Agent of Mara, The Lord Stone and all 3 levels of the Alteration perk Magic Resistance is taken.
A Breton character will receive a natural 25% resistance, so achieving the 85% cap will require fewer abilities.
- This enchantment may be placed on shields, rings and necklaces.
- Resist magic does not affect friendly spells, unlike the Spell Absorption ability.