Resist Poison increases the resistance to/reduces damage from poisons.
Bosmer and Redguards are 50% resistant to poison and vampires and Draugr have 100% resistance. Resistance for the Dragonborn is capped at 85%, possibly undermining the value of resistances greater than this.
Possible sources of poison attacks on the player include spitting Chaurus, Frostbite Spiders, poisoned weapons, poison gasses (rare), and dart traps. Poison may also be a side effect of Alchemy testing. The Damage Stamina Regen effect caused by alcoholic beverages is also reduced by Resist poison.
The resist poison effect can be found on certain items as an enchantment.
These item are in fixed positions/quests and cannot be disenchanted:
- Ancient Shrouded Armor – 100% Resist Poison
- Hevnoraak – 100% Resist Poison
- Savior's Hide – 50% Resist Poison
- Shrouded Armor – 50% Resist Poison
These items are found in loot and can be disenchanted:
- Necklace of Poison Resistance – 50% Resist Poison
- Necklace of Poison Immunity – 100% Resist Poison
- Main article: Alchemy (Skyrim)
Potions and poisons with this effect may be created at Alchemy Labs or can be purchased from alchemist merchants. The strength of the effect is determined by the Alchemy skill of the alchemist that brewed the potion.
The following alchemy ingredients bear a resist poison effect:
- Beehive Husk
- Charred Skeever Hide
- Falmer Ear
- Grass Pod
- Mudcrab Chitin
- Slaughterfish Egg
- Thistle Branch
- Troll Fat
- Yellow Mountain Flower DG