Those skilled in the Restoration field of magic arts can "restore, fortify, or absorb physical and magical attributes, cure disease, and resist magical attacks" (Official Elder Scrolls site). This takes the longest of all magic schools to train by oneself. The Anvil Mage's Guild specializes in Restoration.
- Governing attribute: Willpower
Mechanics and cultureEdit
All characters in the game need a way to heal themselves. Be it stolen potions, beds, or homemade potions. Restoration allows the caster to vitalize themselves or others, as well as temporarily boost skills and attributes. Restoration helps increase Willpower which in turn increases the magicka regeneration rate. Restoration magic is the specialty of the Anvil mages guild chapter, and to a lesser extent, the Knights of the Nine.
Merchants and trainersEdit
- Main article: Skill Book (Oblivion)
- Notes on Racial Phylogeny
- The Exodus
- 2920, vol 04 - Rain's Hand
- Mystery of Talara, Book II
Classes and racesEdit
Classes utilizing the Restoration skill:
Races granted bonuses to Restoration:
- The secret energies of the human body have not surrendered their mysteries easily to you. You are now an Apprentice of Restoration and can cast Apprentice level Restoration spells.
- The secret energies of the human body have not surrendered their mysteries easily to you. You are now a Journeyman of Restoration and can cast Journeyman level Restoration spells.
- The secret energies of the human body have not surrendered their mysteries easily to you. You are now an Expert with Restoration and can cast Expert level Restoration spells.
- The secret energies of the human body have not surrendered their mysteries easily to you. You are now a Master of Restoration and can cast Master level Restoration spells.
- Once one reaches level 70 in Restoration magic, NPCs will occasionally say: "You have the hands of a healer."
- Fortify Skill is not part of any regular spells. However, greater powers and quest rewards that fortify a skill such as the Skeleton Key allows the caster to create a spell and enchant an item to fortify any skill. However, the skill will not gain the perk bonus through this way. Also, buying the Thieves' Den official plug-in gives the caster access to a spell merchant that sells Fortify Sneak and Security spells.
- Restore Health, Magicka, Fatigue, Attribute, and Skill spells only work towards leveling one's restoration skill if the stat being restored is not already full (for example, casting a restore health spell on a person who is already at full health does nothing but drain magicka). Note: on the PS3 version, casting a Minor Restore Health spell at full health does increase Restoration. This increase, however, is much smaller than the increase from actually restoring health with the spell.