Ri'saad is a Khajiit roving merchant who can be found traveling between Whiterun and Markarth. He is an experienced traveling merchant, having visited Skyrim on many earlier occasions. According to Ma'dran, it was Ri'saad's idea to come to Skyrim during the Civil War, as he saw great opportunity where others saw danger.
He claims to not be welcome in Elsweyr or Cyrodiil most likely due to his Moon Sugar dealings. According to Adonato Leotelli, a famous author living in Windhelm, he came to Skyrim with Ri'saad and his caravan. During a Falmer attack, one of Ri'saad's associates, Bhisha, was killed. Leotelli says that this saved them all.
Ri'saad travels with Atahbah and Ma'randru-jo, two fellow Khajiit travelers. The trio is protected by Khayla, their guard. However, many of the merchants from other Khajiit caravans cite Ri'saad as the one who led them to Skyrim.
If the Dragonborn becomes a Thieves Guild member, at one point he/she delivers moon sugar to him, despite the fact that he complains about being denied access to cities due to Nordic stereotyping of Khajiit as Skooma dealers and thieves. Doing so unlocks all Khajiit trading caravan merchants as fences for stolen goods.
If Malborn survives after Diplomatic Immunity, he will be found hiding in the New Gnisis Cornerclub in Windhelm from the Khajiit Thalmor assassin, J'datharr. Ri'saad may be found near the assassin outside the city and the Dragonborn may ask about J'datharr being part of his caravans. Ri'saad will deny this and will admit his dislike for the Thalmor.
If the Dragonborn approaches him whilst not wearing any armor or clothes, he will say "This one suggests donning some apparel", as all Khajiit say.
|"An astute question, for we are far from home and this is a cold, hard land. The wise trader finds the best opportunities, even if he must travel far to find them. Skyrim is a ripe opportunity indeed."||Dialogue|
|"The dragons and the war have scared many other traders away, but for those with courage, there is much profit to be made."|
|"Was there anything else, or is our transaction complete?"|
|"You approach as if you know us, stranger. Who are you and what do you want?"||Fence Quest|
|"Yes, I've heard the Guild is rising back to power. An alliance would be most beneficial to both parties. I'll consider the offer, but I'll have to discuss it with the other caravans."|
|"Ah, Moon Sugar. I could smell it on you. I'm pleased with this offer, and accept. Take my word to the leaders of your guild and tell them we look forward to a prosperous and profitable future."|
|"If you happen upon any of our caravans in your travels, we'd also be more than willing to pay you a fair sum for any of your Stolen Goods."|
- "Welcome. If I cannot serve you, I am sure that one of my other traders can do so."
- "Perhaps you have encountered Ma'dran or Akhari? Both are sworn to me, and both have worthy goods to offer."
- "I have traveled far across Tamriel to serve you."
- "The Khajiit hail from a distant land called Elsweyr, bordered on the north by Cyrodiil and the south by the glistening blue waters of the sea. Elsweyr is an arid land of deserts and rocky canyons, where the sun shines warmly, always. There are cities so ancient, the sands have swallowed them whole. But now I will say no more, for I miss my home greatly."
The following are interactions observed between Ri'saad and the other caravan members.
- Atahbah: My bones ache for the Moonsugar. It has been too long since I tasted it.
- Ri'saad: You know that our supply is limited. It could be a season or more before we get a new shipment from the south.
- Atahbah: My ears hear the truth in your words, and yet my body shakes with the need.
- Ri'saad: Control yourself! Do not frighten our customers away with your fits.
- Atahbah:Yes, of course, you are right. Still, I would give much for even a few grains of Moonsugar.
- Ri'saad: Put the thought out of your mind, and do not speak of it again.
- Ri'saad and his caravan are mentioned in the book "Ghosts in the Storm".