Ri'saad is a Khajiit roving merchant who can be found traveling between Whiterun and Markarth. He is an experienced traveling merchant, having visited Skyrim on many earlier occasions. According to Ma'dran, it was Ri'saad's idea to come to Skyrim during the Civil War, as he saw great opportunity where others saw danger.
He claims to not be welcome in Elsweyr or Cyrodiil most likely due to his Moon Sugar dealings. According to Adonato Leotelli, a famous author living in Windhelm, he came to Skyrim with Ri'saad and his caravan. During a Falmer attack, one of Ri'saad's associates, Bhisha, was killed. Leotelli says that this saved them all.
Ri'saad travels with Atahbah and Ma'randru-jo, two fellow Khajiit travelers. The trio is protected by Khayla, their guard. However, many of the merchants from other Khajiit caravans cite Ri'saad as the one who led them to Skyrim.
If the Dragonborn becomes a Thieves Guild member, at one point he/she delivers moon sugar to him, despite the fact that he complains about being denied access to cities due to Nordic stereotyping of Khajiit as Skooma dealers and thieves. Doing so unlocks all Khajiit trading caravan merchants as fences for stolen goods.
If Malborn survives after Diplomatic Immunity, he will be found hiding in the New Gnisis Cornerclub in Windhelm from the Khajiit Thalmor assassin, J'datharr. Ri'saad may be found near the assassin outside the city and the Dragonborn may ask about J'datharr being part of his caravans. Ri'saad will deny this and will admit his dislike for the Thalmor.
If the Dragonborn approaches him whilst not wearing any armor or clothes, he will say "This one suggests donning some apparel", as all Khajiit say.
The following are interactions observed between Ri'saad and the other caravan members.
- Atahbah: My bones ache for the Moonsugar. It has been too long since I tasted it.
- Ri'saad: You know that our supply is limited. It could be a season or more before we get a new shipment from the south.
- Atahbah: My ears hear the truth in your words, and yet my body shakes with the need.
- Ri'saad: Control yourself! Do not frighten our customers away with your fits.
- Atahbah:Yes, of course, you are right. Still, I would give much for even a few grains of Moonsugar.
- Ri'saad: Put the thought out of your mind, and do not speak of it again.
- Ri'saad and his caravan are mentioned in the book "Ghosts in the Storm".