|Location||Northwest of Riften|
Rift Watchtower is a watchtower located in The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim.
There is an Orc guarding the door here. He does not attack, nor interact with the Dragonborn, until the main door is opened. Behind the door are some Orc bandits. There is nothing of note here except a Tanning Rack and a rare book, The True Nature of Orcs. This information was taken from the Creation kit and all codes tried out in game, and all work.
- Heavy Armor Skill Book: Hallgerd's Tale
- Orcish Warhammer with a random enchantment on the table at the top of the tower.
- The Moon Amulet may appear here as part of the quest for Kharjo.
- Killing the Orc outside the door before he becomes hostile is counted as a murder.
- become Thane. If the Orc is killed before the quest has staerted, the quest cannot be completed.
The Orc Chief at the top of the tower is part of a quest to
- This can be fixed on the PC by using the following console commands: "prid d1f56" followed by "resurrect"
- The Orc Chief is also part of the Radiant quest "Trouble in Skyrim." If the Orc is killed to become thane, the the Companions questline cannot be completed if the Orc Chief is the target of Trouble in Skyrim.
- The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (First appearance)