|Rising At Dawn|
|Quest Giver||Any Bartender in Skyrim|
|Prerequisite||Being a vampire|
|Reward||Cure for Vampirism|
- Speak to Falion in Morthal.
- Find and Fill a Black Soul Gem.
- Bring the Black Soul Gem to Falion.
- Meet Falion at the Summoning Circle at Dawn (5/6 AM).
- Watch Falion Perform the Ritual.
- Speak to Falion.
Before speaking to anyone, make sure a Stage 4 vampire is not started or everyone will attack. To remedy Stage 4, wait until night and drink the blood of a sleeping person. (With the The Elder Scrolls V: Dawnguard DLC package you need not worry about this)
At any point after becoming a vampire, speak to any bartender in Skyrim and hear a rumor that Falion in Morthal has been doing experiments with the all sorts of undead, Draugr, vampires, and the like, beginning the quest Rising at Dawn.
Travel to Morthal, north of Whiterun and find Falion's House. It's the second house past the Blacksmith. After 6pm, go in and speak to Falion, and he will recognize the Dragonborn as a vampire. Ask him what he knows about curing vampirism and he will say he can perform a ritual to remove the curse, but he will need a filled black soul gem first.
If a black soul gem is lacking, Falion has one for sale, but that can prove to be a bit cost prohibitive for some. Another good way to acquire one is to travel to the Fort Snowhawk, west of Morthal as it's full of Necromancers, who frequently carry black soul gems. Once a soul gem is acquired from one necromancer, simply cast Soul trap on another necromancer to fill it up to make Fort Snowhawk the one stop shop.
Return to Morthal and speak with Falion, giving him the filled black soul gem. He will tell the Dragonborn to meet him at dawn (between 5 and 6 AM) at the summoning circle, which is located to the North of town. Go there and meet him as he instructed, then watch him perform the ritual. Make sure to feed first, otherwise Falion will not have trust enough to help. If Falion chooses to attack or if the player becomes a stage 4 vampire before or as Falion begins the ritual (at which point he will attack) using a calm spell (or Voice of the Empire if the player is Imperial) will stop Falion from attacking and he will complete the ritual. The screen will fade to black, and when vision returns, the Dragonborn will no longer be a vampire.
- There is a nirnroot just north of the summoning circle on a little island in the marsh.
- If you delay Falion's arrival at the summoning circle so he does not arrive before dawn, he will not perform the ritual and will keep the black soul gem. From this point on the quest will be broken and you will be unable to complete it. - (You can fix this by attacking him, dragging him to the area right beside the shrine killing him there then talking to him when he stands up.)
- The summoning circle is located north and just slightly, almost not even at all west of Morthal on the western one of the two peninsulas north of Morthal. It can be very hard to find, and you may want to scout it out in the daylight ahead of time
- If you are uncertain how to get to the summoning circle, you can wait outside Falion's house until exactly 3AM, at which time Falion himself will leave for the ritual and you may then follow him.
- This quest also cures Clan Volkihar vampirism with the Dawngaurd expansion.
- After completing the ritual, you can ask Falion "What are you doing?" (provided you have not asked him this at the circle before) and he acts very secretive. He asks why you are at the circle, and suspiciously inquires if you followed him there. You can even make him pay you (200g) to keep quiet about the ritual.
Upon arriving at the summoning circle during the Speak to Falion objective, Falion may be standing outside the circle, which will prevent you from continuing the objective this quest. In order to complete the objective, you must force him into the circle, either by luring him into the circle by attacking and calming him or by nudging him little by little into the circle. You can also use unrelenting force to push him into the circle. Once he is in the circle, speaking with Falion will trigger the next stage of the quest.
- Solution: Using the console (hit ~), click on Falion, use the "disable" command, then use the "enable" command.
- If you get to the final stage of vampirism, the fourth stage, and tell Falion to begin the ritual, he will begin to attack you. This can be easily corrected if you run from him, feed and then come back.
- If you fill a black soul gem with the soul of anything else but a human soul, Falion will not recognize the gem as being filled. This requirement is not specified by Falion. To empty your black soul gem, drop it, then pick it back up.
- Falion may not leave his home after starting the quest. Meaning you cannot give him the soul gem and cure the vampirism.
- (Ps3) After giving Falion the black soul gem, and standing on the platform he may not appear and cure you. The quest will tell you to talk to Falion, but when the dialogue options open up nothing regarding vampirism will appear.
- Falion will not recognize that a Black Soul Gem is filled unless it is filled with a Grand Soul.
- The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (First appearance)