| Base Value:|
|Damage Health||Fortify Alteration|
|5 pts for 0 sec||4% for 60 sec|
|Slow||Fortify Carry Weight|
|50% for 5 sec||+4 for 300 sec|
|Form ID: 00106E1A|
- River Bettys can be found in rivers and streams throughout Skyrim.
- The Riften Fishery is a good place to look; check the fish barrels and the water downstairs.
- The lake outside the Riften docks.
- Can be bred at a Fish Hatchery, introduced in The Elder Scrolls V: Hearthfire.
- Can be bought from an Alchemist.
- A multitude of them can found in the waters around the Apprentice Stone.
- Several can be found in the waters around the Abandoned Shack.
- Main article: Potions (Skyrim)
|Damage Health||Fortify Alteration||Slow||Fortify Carry Weight|
† multiple effects
- River Betty makes some of the most potent damage health potions. It is only beaten by the Crimson Nirnroot (Not with void salts or nirnroot), and deathbell (Not combined with void salts). The only exception to this is the Jarrin Root which is only obtained once for a quest.
- River Betty, Deathbell, and Bone Meal makes a poison with three effects- slow, damage health, and ravage stamina.
- A number of useful poisons can be made using River Betties as a base - Combining a River Betty, Imp Stool (Skyrim) and Mora Tapinella creates a potion with both instant and lingering damage health effects.
- Another good poison is River Betty, Deathbell, and Chaurus Eggs, which creates a poison of instant damage health, slow, and weakness to poison.