Riverhold is located along the northern edge of the province of Elsweyr. It's located in what can be considered the South Weald which encompasses the northernmost reaches of both Valenwood and Elsweyr. Nearby the city of Riverhold is a small market town called Sheeraln, which is three miles eastward. The walls of the city were saffron, irregular, and not very tall. Inside the outer walls are towers colored in an array of colors including azure, cream, vermilion, chocolate, gold, and jet. The city can be described as once tired and exuberant.
During the Four Score War in 1E 2920, the Battle of Bodrum commenced on the 20th of First Seed near the border town of Bodrum. To the west was Emperor Reman Cyrodiil III of the Second Empire, Reman assembled armies from the cities of Riverhold, Lilmoth, and Farrun at Caer Suvio. At the time, Riverhold was ruled by Queen Naghea. During the battle, Naghea along with Storig of Farrun led the left flank while Warchief Ulaqth led the right flank. To the east was Lord Vivec of the Tribunal of Resdayn, with his army of Dunmer assembled at Ald Erfoud. In the end, Vivec won the battle for Morrowind by cuttung trees along the Pryai River.
In 2E 582, Tamriel suffered on of it's most deadly diseases known as the Knahaten Flu. The Flu originated in Stormhold, Black Marsh and quickly exterminated many Black Marsh races including the Kothringi, and the Lilmothiit. Eventually, the flu reached the Cats of the South in Elsweyr. The disease was sighted in Senchal until it spread to the Alabaster docks and eventually the rest of Elsweyr including Riverhold. Many Khajiit died but some had found ways to slightly subdue the disease. Rathuni-la Dawnwhisker, a daughter of Azurah created a distilled sorghum-tea that weakened the more severe aspects of the flu, like a painkiller.
- Main article: Riverhold (Arena)
- When Arena was going to be a Tournament based game, Riverhold's team was known as the Axers.[OOG 1]
- Riverhold is the closest city to the Imperial City and City Isle compared to other cities.
- This doesn't include the cities in Cyrodiil.
- Riverhold (Arena)
- The Elder Scrolls: Arena
- The Elder Scrolls II: Daggerfall (Mentioned only)
- An Elder Scrolls Novel: The Infernal City (Mentioned only)
- The Elder Scrolls Online (Mentioned only)
- The Elder Scrolls: Legends (Mentioned only)