Rockjoint is an acute common disease affecting a victim's manual dexterity. Symptoms include painful swelling and immobility of all joints. It may be contracted from: domesticated guar and dusky alit in Morrowind; zombies in Cyrodiil; wolves and cave bears in Skyrim.
Despite Ygfa stating that Guar and Alit give rockjoint, it cannot actually be contracted anywhere in Morrowind.
Rockjoint can be cured by:
- Visiting any of the Altars of the Nine.
- Casting the Restoration spell Cure Disease on self.
- Drinking a potion that has the Cure Disease effect.
Rockjoint can be contracted from Wolves and Cave Bears which can be found near the roads in the wilderness and bears are usually near river banks. It can also be contracted through traps. Even the Wolf from the spell Conjure Familiar can give this disease. It is the most common disease to be contracted first in the game, as some wolves may attack the Dragonborn while on their first trip to Riverwood. Meeko's dead Nord owner died of Rockjoint.(NOTE: One can also contract Rockjoint from some other enemies due to a bug, however the chances are very small, rare reports say that a Bandit gave a player Rockjoint.)
- Activating the altar at Temples, such as the Temple of Akatosh.
- Using any potion that has the Cure Disease effect.
- Talk to a Vigilant of Stendarr and ask them to cure the diseases.