|Quests||Erik the Slayer (Quest)|
Erik the Slayer
It is the farthest settlement from Whiterun along the western border near The Reach. The stead was founded by Rorik, a former soldier in the Imperial Army, after he was severely wounded in battle. The settlement consists of two cottages, an inn, and a manor.
Rorikstead also has two farms. Cowflop Farm is run by Ennis, who tends to the farm with the help of Reldith. The other farm is run by Lemkil, who tends to the farm alone. Lemkil's two young daughters, Sissel and Britte, do not help with the farm, much to the chagrin of Lemkil.
After getting the Dragonstone for Farengar Secret-Fire, a conversation between Farengar and Delphine reveals that the book Holdings of Jarl Gjalund (laying on the table) may predate the first era. In this book Rorikstead is mentioned as one of the assets of Jarl Gjalund. This either means that the book is not as old as they think, or that the town is much older than is to be said by the locals in town and that Rorik simply took the name of the town and pretends to have founded it. This could also be a mistake by Bethesda.
- Serpent's Bluff Redoubt: It is located up the hill to the southwest of the village, it is a Forsworn encampment.
- Talking Stone Camp: It is located northeast of the village, it is home to giants.
- Orotheim: It is just north of Talking Stone Camp.
- The Rorikstead Dragon Burial Mound is also nearby.
- Lokir, the horse-thief seen during the prologue, is from Rorikstead.
- The settlement is mentioned in the song "Ragnar the Red".
- Alduin may be seen trying to raise a dragon (he will flee if attacked)
- Upon fast traveling here a Forsworn can be found attacking the guards.
- Strangely, with all the effort the game puts into making Rorikstead seem famous, the village itself is quite small.