Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
If he is spoken to during "A Knife in the Dark," he admits to murdering the woman, but also says that he was forced to because she was struggling. He may also beg for his life and offer anything for his life to be spared.
The Hero is required to kill him in order to gain membership to the Dark Brotherhood. He is unarmed, unarmored, and very weak, making him more a test of the Hero's murderous resolve than their prowess. If spoken to before killing him, he will run into the next room and hide behind the bed.
During the quest "The Purification," Lucien Lachance gives the Hero a scroll that allows them to summon Rufio's ghost for aid. There is only one of these scrolls in the game, but a duplication glitch can be used to get more.
- "Who are you? What do you want? I ain't done nothin'!"
- "Oh, please, no! I can pay you! Name your price! Anything! Anything! Please, just let me live!"
- "No! Please! I didn't mean to do it, you understand me? She struggled! I... I told her to just stay still, but she wouldn't listen! I had no choice!"
- "I... I ain't got nothing to say to you. Leave me be."
This section contains bugs related to Rufio. Before adding a bug to this list, consider the following:
- If killed by an arrow when opening the door to his room, the quest update will appear instantly and Rufio's body will be floating in the doorway. He will stay there, unmoving, in mid-air, until the Hero moves his body or leaves and comes back into the cellar.