|Services||Common Conjuration Trainer|
Runil was once a mighty Aldmeri Battlemage in the Great War. He laments having killed many people with his magic, but he is willing to train adventurers in the basics of Conjuration. He feels fortunate that Kust and the people of Falkreath have come to accept him as one of their own and now solely preaches the word of Arkay.
Runil keeps a journal of regrets that he wishes not to forget. He lost the journal in a cave that he was exploring and asks for help in retrieving it.
He may be seen giving a service to Mathies and his wife, Indara Caerellia, after the murder of their daughter, Lavinia, at the hands of a Werewolf. Speaking to Mathies after the service will prompt the quest, Ill Met By Moonlight.
Find Runil's JournalEdit
- Find Runil's Journal in Greywater Gorge (also known as Sunderstone Gorge).
- Can also be directed to Bloated Man's Grotto.
- Can also be directed to Brittleshin Pass.
- Can also be directed to Moss Mother Cavern.
- Can also be directed to Darkshade.
- Can also be directed to Southfringe Sanctum.
- Can also be directed to Halldir's Cairn.
- Can also be directed to Embershard Mine.
Despite being an ex-Aldmeri Battlemage and an adept Conjuration trainer, when in combat, he simply attempts to flee the scene without attempting to attack. However, if under the effects of Fury or Courage, he shall be entirely dependent on his iron dagger and will use no magic, even Conjuration, whatsoever. However, as a result of his low level and lack of armor, he dies relatively quickly.
- the Dragonborn can't receive Runil's quest if they are already helping Frida in Dawnstar.
- When the quest is finished, it will count towards helping the people of Falkreath if the player wishes to become Thane.
- The entire Aldmeri Dominion army that invaded Cyrodiil was known to have been killed down to the last man and woman by the emperor and his legion when taking back the Imperial city. Runil must have somehow escaped that battle, been redeployed or been part of the army invading Hammerfell.
- He is a secret worshipper of Talos, which is revealed in his journal.
- The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (First appearance)