|Mace of Molag Bal|
| Base Damage:|
| Base Value:|
Deals 25 damage to Stamina and Magicka. If target dies within 3 seconds, fills a soul gem
|Class: One Handed, Mace|
|Upgrade Material: Ebony Ingot|
The Mace of Molag Bal is given to the Dragonborn after the completion of the Daedric quest, House of Horrors. It is initially called the Rusty Mace and made to look like an offering, placed at Molag Bal's altar.
The Mace of Molag Bal can be upgraded with an ebony ingot and the Arcane Blacksmith perk, however it does not benefit from any smithing perks. This means that the weapon cannot be improved past flawless quality without boosting the smithing skill over 100. This can be achieved by using enchanted apparel and/or blacksmithing potions.
- The weight and swing speed of the Mace of Molag Bal make it well-suited for some character builds. Because the enchantments on this mace fall under the destruction school of magic, perks unlocked in that school affect the mace.
- One disadvantage to this weapon is that it takes up a large amount of the screen when equipped in first person, limiting visibility.
- Guards may shout "No... get that accursed mace away from me!" or "That mace... Get it away from me, get it away" when it is equipped.
- Townsfolk may say the fire destruction magic phrases, as though the mace has fire magic.
- werewolf form or stay stuck in the werewolf's body for a few seconds. The Mace will occasionally stay equipped when the Dragonborn enters
- It is possible to keep the Rusty Mace from the quest by leaving the house after obtaining it and placing it on a weapon plaque. Then, return to the house, kill the priest and obtain the Mace of Molag Bal.
- Proudspire Manor it may become labeled stolen when taken back. When putting the mace on a weapon plaque in
- Vlindrel Hall (not tested in other houses). Each time the house is entered, it will dive a little more in the wall until it is unable to be taken (the weapons rack becomes empty at the same time). The mace is buggy if placed on a weapons rack in
- When equipped in the left hand the mace may not show an animation.