Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Ruunvald Excavation is a location in The Elder Scrolls V: Dawnguard. It is located southeast of Tolvald's Cave and directly east of Shor's Watchtower. Volk's Journal is just outside the entrance, in a tent.
He has been captured and held in a cage. He can be freed by taking the Ruunvald key off of Minorne's corpse.
- Malachite ore vein – It is at the bottom of the entrance. Another one is found once the first tunnel is entered, at a fork, with the ore vein to the right.
- Three malachite ore – in a cart halfway through the tunnel after the entryway.
- Malachite ore vein – in the second chamber, at the bottom, in a well lit area. There is also a chunk of malachite ore in a bin to the right of the vein.
- Malachite ore vein – after the chamber containing Discovering Ruunvald, Vol III, in the exiting tunnel, a vein is found to the right.
- All of the Charmed Vigilant here wear Novice Robes with a matching hood, which can be sold for a decent amount of gold. They also carry an Amulet of Stendarr, a crossbow, and steel bolts.
- Volk's Journal - inside a tent to the left of the entrance.
- Discovering Ruunvald, Vol I – just to the right of the tunnel leading out of the first chamber, on a wooden crate.
- Discovering Ruunvald, Vol II – in the second chamber, next to a wooden lean-to, on top of some wooden crates.
- Discovering Ruunvald, Vol III – in the largest chamber, as soon as the wooden walkway is descended on, it will be to the left, on a platform with some large yellow urns, on a desk.
- Discovering Ruunvald, Vol IV – at the bottom of the final chamber to Ruunvald Excavation on a barrel, just before the door the Ruunvald Temple.
- Minorne – when entering Ruunvald Temple on the left on a table along with three burial urns.
- Staff of Ruunvald – can be looted from Minorne, along with Ruunvald Key.
- Ruunvald Excavation and any related doors will not appear in the world until the quest Bolstering the Ranks has been accepted. Before this, the old Nordic doorway exit will be missing, as will the campsite, and the entrance in the mountain will be sealed.
This section contains bugs related to Ruunvald Excavation. Before adding a bug to this list, consider the following:
- When entering the temple, the Dragonborn may find a large world hole which, if they fall into it, will bring them to a different area in the temple.
- When activating the associated quest, the marker will appear above the undiscovered location on the map but the world compass will be directing the Dragonborn towards Riften instead. This is fixed by entering and exiting Riften.
- When using Beast Form ability in the main excavation or entering the area transformed, player might end up with the same red aura around the head as the charmed vigilantes. This effect seems to disappear when transforming back, but returns after switching to first person view and remains active indefinitely. For PC players, this can be solved by adding the effect manually via console command "player.addspell 02018c5d" (closing and reopening the console may be necessary) and subsequently removing it with "player.removespell 02018c5d".