| Base Value:|
|2% for sec||for 60 sec|
|Fortify Magicka||Regenerate Magicka|
|50 pts for 5 sec||5% for 300 sec|
|Form ID: 003545|
This item can only be obtained with the addition of The Elder Scrolls V: Hearthfire.
- Catching salmon that are leaping up waterfalls or rapids will sometimes yield one sample of salmon roe. This is a dynamic included in the game, demonstrating that salmon that are jumping up waterfalls are preparing to mate. Salmon found in still bodies of water, streams and lakes, however, will not provide any salmon roe, although shooting them with a bow or the spell Ice Storm before collecting them has been found to provide roe and meat where just catching them would yield only meat.
- One of the easiest locations is the series of waterfalls along the river running north and alongside Riverwood towards Whiterun, which can yield over a dozen with just one waterfall. While standing near or in the middle of a spawning salmon area; using the shout Animal Allegiance will cause all of the salmon to either die and/or excrete salmon roe into the water. The roe and dead salmon (which give roe and meat) can be easily picked up when they float to the surface, or by going downstream. The roe floats and is easy to see in daylight but if the water is too fast then an eddy where the water pools will have a point where almost everything gathers in the current. Locate this area by firing arrows into the water and following them downstream.
- Salmon roe can also be found in the East Wing Kitchen on one of the round low tables near the oven, if they have been built in the player's home. The salmon roe will reappear after some time when the round table resets.
- Salmon killed with a bow, Ice-based magic such as Frostbite or with the Unrelenting Force shout will produce both salmon meat and salmon roe. The lake below Solitude seems to be a salmon breeding ground where vast quantities of salmon roe can easily be collected in this manner. Salmon roe can also be collected from salmon raised in a fish hatchery. After being killed and floating to the surface, you can drag them to shore by pressing and holding the action key or button and then moving them.
- Main article: Potions (Skyrim)
|Restore Stamina||Waterbreathing||Fortify Magicka||Regenerate Magicka|
† multiple effects
- Salmon roe, combined with Garlic and Nordic Barnacles makes the most expensive potion found to date.
- Alternatively, it can be combined with Histcarp and Jazbay Grapes for an equally valuable potion from easily collectable materials, especially at Windstad Manor.
- Salmon roe can be placed in the fish hatchery at Windstad Manor, where it will hatch out into salmon that can be caught.
- Salmon roe has the longest waterbreathing duration of any ingredient in Skyrim, a full 60 seconds.